"I trusted you"

Three months forward.

March 1st

-Lexa's POV-

Monday, 9 AM, 09:00

Biology, I sat next to Murphy, I had come to really like this guy. He made this class kind of fun.

As the teacher was going on about some cells in your body, I stared out the window.

Clarke?

Yeah, I saw Clarke. She was talking to some boy with half long brown hear. I didn't know who it was. I tapped on Murphy's shoulder. "You know who Clarke is talking to?" I whispered. "Wtf is he doing here?! That's Finn. Her ex."

Her ex?! Okay I didn't like that. I trusted Clarke blindly, but it still didn't sit right with me. I decited to not think that much of it. I watched them walk off school property together. I didn't know where too.

Lunch break came and she wasn't there. That's when the thinking started. The rest of the day it was in my head; Why would she even want to talk to her ex? Why did she skip a whole day of school to do so? Why didnt she tell me about it? Just questions. It bothered me. Luckily, she would have to come to work this afternoon.

4 PM, 16:00

"Hey Clarke." She smiled and gave me a kiss, "Hey." When we stepped in the kiosk and said bye to Roan, I decided to ask her. "Clarke, where were you? I didn't see you at lunch?" She looked down to her feet and scratched her arm. I knew she was going to lie. I could read her like a book. "I ehm I was in the library. Didn't I tell you?" I nodded.

"Okay."

With that 'okay' The last 7 months spined through my mind. In which 6 of them we were a couple... Damn it in 13 days it would be our six months anniversary. But that wasn't even at the top of my mind, not the big things we did together, no, not the great dates, endless nights of sex. No. It were the small moments, when she said she loved me, how she cuddled me. The way she looked at me...

I decided not to get into it now, we had costumers. But my mind kept asking why? Why did she lie to me? Was she cheating on me? Was I not good enough? Did she not love me anymore? I kept wondering.

8 PM, 08:00.

After 4 hours of work, that felt like forever, I finally decided to ask her. I closed the window so there wouldn't be any customers. Clarke and I were all alone. I leaned against the counter and watched Clarke begin to clean the coffee machine.

"Why are you lying to me Clarke?"

She stopped with cleaning. And looked at me.

"I-"

"Don't you think I trust you?"

"Lex-"

"Why didn't you just tell me you where with Finn. You cheating on me or something!?"

"No! Lex, no! I- I just thought it would be easier."

I couldn't believe it.

It was silent for quite some time.

"I'm gonna go home."

It was better for me to leave, before I did things I might regret.

She nodded.

I stood by the door.

"We're done Clarke."

My voice broke, I couldn't believe it.

The one sentence I never thought I would say, came from my lips, just like that.

I looked in her eyes, filled with tears.

Regret

Sadness

Panic

A tear fell down her cheek. Not a second later a tear was rolling down my cheek as well.

"I trusted you Clarke."

And with that I left.

-Clarke's POV-

Wednesday, 4 PM, 16:00

I just came home from school; Lexa still didn't show up at school. I was worried about her. I fucked up. I hated myself for it. I should've just said I was with Finn, I had nothing to hide. I would never betray her.

I was a mess, I was hurting because I lost her, the thing that hurted the most was knowing I was the one that hurt her. The person I loved most in this world. Something I never thought I would or even could do...

The bell rang. I wiped my tears and went to open the door.

"Aiden."

"Clarke! The fuck did you do to my sister! I've never seen her this bad!"

He was mad.

Holding back tears.

I deserved it.

"I'm sorry."

"You know how I found her?" He looked at me, he hated the guts out of me. The loving, trusting look he always gave me, replaced with confusion and hate. "She laid on the ground, blood on her fist. Apparently, she punched the wall or something. Totally exhausted from crying."

Nothing

I didn't feel a thing

Like someone ripped my heart out and never allowed me to feel anything ever again...

I swallowed,

Explained to Aiden what I did and how sorry I am.

"Okay" He nodded. "You need to leave her for a while, and you better make it up to her. She still loves you Clarke. You have a chance to make it right. You get only one, and if you screw up again. I'm literally going to kill you." And I believed him.

"How??"

"You have to figure that out for yourself, just leave her for a while okay."

I nodded "Okay."

While it crushed me to see Aiden like this, he left me with a little bit of hope. Sometimes that's all you need.

Thursday, 13:00, 1 PM.

She was here, she was at school. She stood in line by the cafeteria. I watched her from the table I was sitting at with my friends. My stomach twisting, I couldn't believe I screwed up something so beautiful.

When she turned around to look for a place to sit our eyes met. We held eye contact, for what felt like forever. It broke me even more. There wasn't anything in her eyes, I couldn't read her through her eyes anymore. I was lost...

She took a deep breath and broke eye contact with me to sit with Aiden and his girlfriend. I stared at my food. "You got to talk to her Clarke." Raven said. I looked up. "I know."

Next Monday, 4 PM, 16:00

"Hey Clarke, can you handle the kiosk alone today? Lexa called in sick." Roan said when I came to work. "Yeah sure, no problem." Lexa wasn't sick, I saw her today at school, but I didn't say anything to Roan. Even though it is gonna be a hell of a busy day today. I need to fix this... fast. I don't know how much longer I can deal with the idea of not being with her....

I used the rest of my shift to come up with a plan to apologize, and hopefully win her back.

It was gonna happen next Friday, after her game...

THANK YOU!

Thank you for reading this it means a lot, let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions. If you like this story don't forget to vote, that would mean the world to me!

Have a great day or night everyone!

SEE YOU NEXT TIME