10

When I awoke, the space was bathed, once again, in brilliant rainbows of color. I don't remember dreaming, but I'd never slept so wonderfully. I sat up in bed, stretching deeply as I yawned. Axelia came baring all once again as she waltzed happily towards me.

"Well hello!" She beamed. "How was your slumber?" She wore a floral headband on her head and nothing more.

"Uh, pretty good." I laughed awkwardly while looking away. She had no shame in walking around completly naked. "Aren't you going to put something on?" I asked, while looking everywhere but at her and her perfect body.

"Why would I?" She asked innocently.

"Uh," I laughed. I vaguely wondered if she had waltzed around my father like this. "Because, you're naked."

She looked down at her nude body. "Who told you I was naked?" She asked.

I scratched my head awkwardly. "Um....well, you kind of just are."

I saw her smile out of the corner of my eye as she spun around. "Ah, I'm making you uncomfortable aren't I? Your kind finds it immorale to walk around baring what was given to you."

"Um...." I didn't know what to say to that.

"No worries," she laughed, returning moments later in a light flowing dress of pale pinks and purples that contrasted nicely with her silvery hair. I noticed her ends seemed vaguely pink. "Now, you must set out to seek the truth."

I shut my eyes as I groaned internally, we were back to this. "Axelia-"

"I can not help you, and I can say no more on the subject. This is something you must do without my help."

"Alone?" I asked hesitantly. I'd already grown fond of her company.

Her delicate face fell slightly. "I am afraid you must." I began to protest before she spoke again. "But don't worry, I will be close by." And with that, she became a fluttering butterfly moments later, landing delicately on my shoulder.

You can do this princess. If you wish to return home, you must.

I swallowed hard, feeling as if this would take forever. I didn't have the faintest idea of what truth I was supposed to be looking for. This could take all day....and it practically did.

I had silently hoped that the woods could show me something more, yet it hadn't. I'd only seen the same scenes on what felt like and endless repeat. Each time, I'd noticed the smallest of changes, there was always something I paid closer attention to, yet nothing too significant.

For instance, the third or so time around, I noticed a difference in the body language of my parents that I hadn't seen at first. Something about the way they stood together seemed ominous, almost as if they were standoffish. Yet, could I really blame them? They were meeting a complete stranger in a dark alley!

The other minor difference I noticed while watching, was the way my father interacted with my bio dad. When he asked him for his name, his eyes twitched in the slightest. I didn't know what that could possibly mean, but it wouldn't really get me anywhere, so I tried not to think about it too often.

I wanted more time to go over the scenes a few more times, but had lost track of time, before I knew it, the sun had begun setting. The blood in my veins seemed to turn cold.

The sun.

Why hadn't I paid closer attention?! Axelia had told me very specifically to be mindful while in the woods, time could pass by quickly without you noticing, and it had. As keeper, she wouldn't be allowed to help my out of the woods, therefor, I was on my own. I pretty much knew my way by now, but it was growing darker, and everything was starting to look the same.