9

"What?!" I shrieked. "What do you mean I can't leave? I have to, I can't stay here!"

You have found your way out of Memoria Praeteritorum, yes, but you have not yet fulfilled your purpose.

"No," I shook my head as I pushed both hands through my hair. "I don't understand! What purpose, why am I here?!" I cried. I was beginning to panic, what if I was never able to leave, what if I was stuck here? I pinched myself in the arms multiple times. "Come on, wake up, wake up, WAKE UP!" Tears were now streaming down my face.

I didn't know what to do, or what I was supposed to do. I couldn't so much as even think of something remotely useful. I was new at being a Whitelighter, and I had spent the entire summer running away from it.

It is well Princess Emory.

"Stop calling me that!" I cried while covering my ears, as if that would diminish the voice in my head. "My name is Riley!" She ignored me as she continued.

You have seen the memories, now you must see the truth.

I shook my head. "I don't know, I don't know!" This was all complete and utter torture. I leaned against a stone structure and began to sob. I was at a crossroad, now what was I to do?

******

Axelia stayed with me. She remained silent in my head as I finally wiped at my eyes and looked up. She was stationed on my elbow. "I don't know what to do." My voice was low and hoarse.

I'd learned one new thing over the summer, and that was how to instantly "fix" myself. I moved my hand over my face in one swift motion, the feeling of puffiness dissipating at once, along with my tear stained cheeks and tired eyes. I felt better already. The only thing I couldn't erase was the feeling in my heart and the thoughts in my head.

You must first relax. Follow me.

She gracefully started off in a different direction as I followed behind. "Where are we going?"

You will see.

There was a slight smile in her voice as she led me through unknown fields of green pasture littered with brilliant spots of color. I had to admit, the place was breathtaking.

We soon found ourselves in front of a sparkling pool of crisp, blue waters. The grass beneath my feet appeared to be as soft as satin pillows. I could see fruit trees and bushes just feet away from where I stood.

"Wow." I breathed. "I've never seen something so....naturally beautiful." The air was light and warm.

Go. It is yours to enjoy.

I watched as she fluttered off, pausing at the edge of the bank. Her wings slowly shifted from focus as something as I could only describe as a glittery cloud seemed to form instantaneously around her.

In literally the blink of an eye, a barebacked woman stood before me. I gasped as I looked away from her naked backside. "Oh my gosh." I breathed. "You're human."

A soft laughed filled the air around me. "Something like that." Her voice was soft and gentle, like the quiet patter of spring showers against a window pane.

Her hair touched the very small dip in her back as it glide down in fine, silvery tufts. When she turned to face me, her long locks covered her bare chest. Her bottom half was now covered in a gauzy piece of fabric that sparkled much like her wings had. She had eyes the color of lilacs that were nearly the size of her entire face, and thin pink lips. She was eerily beautiful, and just didn't seem natural.

"I've never seen someone so....beautiful." She smiled as she walked towards me, a handful of strawberries in her hands.
"Here, have some." She offered while placing a few in my hand.