Chapter One-Hundred Nineteen: Her Broken Pieces

-chapter one-hundred-nineteen-

FINN

There's just some line someone shouldn't cross.

And Sapphire has done too much playing.

With my eyes fixed on Renée, I pushed Gavin towards Sapphire. A stuttered breath left him as his gaze flickered from me and our friends. Gusto niyang lumapit pero hindi siya sigurado at naiintindihan ko ang kasalukuyang nararamdaman niya ngayon. It's what I also feel.

"Eura. Take Gavin down." utos ko.

Tumango siya at mahigpit na hinawakan ang kamay ni Gavin. "Eh, paano ka? Magpapaiwan ka ba dito?"

"Finn, kung magpapaiwan ka. Ako rin." kontra ng matalik kong kaibigan.

I smiled. "No. Let me. Just follow Eura. Their presence here does not change a thing, they are only clones."

Halatang tutol si Gavin sa desisyon ko, but I gave Eura a warning look. With a soft curse, she pulled the hesitant Gavin down, threatening him with her famous profanities on the way. I took a deep breath before facing the two friends I treasure so much.

I have never seen Renée's face after I lost control. I wasn't in the right mind, mentally and emotionally after Depore's and Caspian's death, and I was so, so hungry for a way to unleash my anger. But I knew that I had to protect her in that island and I have to control the desire to lunge at the two so-called queens who wants to steal from someone like me. Someone like me who doesn't owe anything and is just as broken as them.

Siguro... Siguro hindi nangyari ang lahat ng 'to kung nakita nila na hindi lang sila ang nasasaktan. That whatever pain they have won't be erased by revenge or hurting someone else, but it will only be healed. Maybe if they saw that that Sparrow they wanted to shoot and kill was just another small, wounded bird. And maybe we wouldn't have lost these people.

Nakabukas ang dalawang pamaypay niya at kahit gusto kong humakbang papalapit ay pinipigilan ko. One move and she will attack me. Because right now, in front of her, I am an enemy. And that beautiful blonde girl is not the friend that spent countless nights with me. She's just a clone of the first female friend I had.

"Do you want to know how she died?"

Lumapit si Sapphire kay Renée at pinatong ang ulo niya sa balikat nito. I stared at the movement, my breath hitching. Paanong... hindi siya inaatake?

"You were too lost in your fight that you didn't mind the time. So to let you survive, she jumped. She saved you and Sebastian maybe saw that. Kaya hindi ka niya matingnan sa mata kasi siguro parte sa kaniya ang sinisisi ka." mahina siyang natawa. "But, do not falter. I was the one who whispered the lies to him. He just blindly followed it."

I had a feeling. But for some reason, this confirmation made me relieved. Dahil sigurado na ako na hindi talaga ako ang pumatay kay Renée at... at nalungkot din na kailangan niyang gawin 'yon dahil hindi ako naging malakas para talunin ang dalawa.

Sebastian would be broken, of course. And I knew if Gavin saw Renée losing control and causing my death in the process, he would be angry and unstable too. Hindi naman namin kasalanang apat ang nangyari. They were just a reaction to the events that happened. The true villain was the person who made those events, in order to gauge out such reactions.