Chapter Thirty-Five: Sparrow's Lion Cage

Book cover made by JinnaJeanna! Thank you so much, bb <3 Huhu, super ganda aahh.

-chapter thirty-five-

THIRD PERSON

When Finn takes a step, the lion as well.

Their eyes are trained on each other. Finn doesn't want to miss an attack and the lion cannot take its eyes away or Finn will disappear. Pinapanood sila ng tatlo mula sa labas. Until now they can't believe that Finn has no presence.

The lion pounced, running towards the female rogue. Finn sidestepped, smoothly dodging the attack before turning around and throwing a kunai at the lion's leg. Bago pa ito tumama ay nasalo na ito ng leon. Kagat-kagat ito ng leon bago tinapon sa gilid.

The animal then bit into Finn's leg. It was too quick that the rogue didn't have enough time to dodge. Sharp fangs dug into her skin, ripping holes on her clothes. Napakagat si Finn sa ibabang labi. The pain was excruciating, lalo na't pinili nito ang paang may sugat.

Finn's still exhausted from fighting the assassin earlier. Although she tried replenishing, the potion she had has little effect.

"Finn!"

Tatakbo sana si Eura papasok nang pigilan siya ni Kairo. He shook his head, mouthing a 'Don't'. Finn hasn't signalled them to enter yet, and they can't jeopardize their plan this early.

Kairo has confidence in Finn's abilities. A bite in the leg will slow her down, but will never make her fall.

Naniniwala din si Oliver sa kakayahan ng babae. After all, he saw her fight closely and even helped her at times. Hindi niya pa rin mawala ang pagaalala sa kalagayan ni Finn. Oliver's not sure if Finn has recovered from the earlier fight.

The lion was about to slam Finn to the ground, when the rogue got hold of its head, summoning two kunais in each of her hand and piercing it on the lion's neck. There was a loud, pained snarl which caused the animal to leave her leg alone, stepping back and shoving the daggers away. Umatras din si Finn, putting more weight on her uninjured left leg.

A low growl left the lion and its claws dug on the earth before jumping towards Finn, mouth open to rip a throat. Finn slid down, ignoring the stinging pain in her leg, and rolled away from the lion. Dahil sa sugat na binigay nito ay mas lalong naging agresibo ang leon, attacking Finn without rest as the female rogue dodged and defended herself.

"Ano ba ang plano niya?" medyo nagpapanic na tanong ni Eura. "I get that we're making a cage but how do we even get close to that animal? Baka wala na tayong paa niyan."

Hindi din alam ni Kairo at Oliver ang pinaplano ni Finn. She just told them what attack to use and the goal, then went inside. Is she going to fight the lion all by herself? Gano'n ba 'yon?

Mataas na tumalon si Finn at pinakawalan ang isang kunai. Tumama ito sa paa ng tumatakbong leon. The lion growled, at the pain and rage, before diving to bite Finn's lower leg. Mabilis niyang ginalaw ang paa at sinipa ang leon palayo, the animal falling to the ground.

Finn took two exploding kunais, specially made by Depore, and threw them at the charging lion. Napahinto ito nang may malakas na sumabog sa harap niya. Finn flipped back two times, creating a safe distance between them, before turning at the opened wall and gesturing for Kairo to enter.

The three blinked, surprised at the sudden attention.

"Kairo, pumasok ka na daw." Oliver numbly announced.

"Anong gagawin mo sa loob, Kai? Papakamatay?"

Kairo shot Eura a glare. "Hindi ko alam. I don't think Finn would tell me too, so we just have to... follow how she fights."