Chapter 9

Rosalie's POV:

The kings and I went walking through the woods on my family's side pf the treaty line. We are a good distance away from the house when Aro started to speak "Tell us about this mate of yours" he requested. "What do you want to know my king?" I asked Aro back respectfully, knowing a good way to get on the good side of all kings' side is showing respect. "Everything" Caius stated with a little force to his words.

"His name is Lucifer Rouge Swan. He is understanding that not everyone is okay with the name Lucifer so he lets people call him Rouge. He is 15 but is a senior in school since he is extremely smart. He has a sister, Isabella, who is a complete bitch honestly. His father is the chief of police here in Forks. He is kind of close to his mother and stepfather. He loves surfing, skateboarding, playing guitar, singing, and just listening to music. His favorite book is "Pet Cemetery". His favorite TV show is "Riverdale". His favorite movie is "Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban". He has his own group of friends at school, I don't know their names. We have separate classes the first half of the day then we have lunch and the second half of the day together. Lucifer and I also text a lot in the afternoons and into the night. We usually stop texting around one am so that he can get some sleep. When he gets out of high school he wants to be an author and have his books sold around the world, he wants to travel as soon as he leaves school, mainly in Europe. I think that's it?" I tell them everything about him that I can think of which isn't that hard since he's basically the only thing I think about.

All three kings are silent for a few minutes before Aro spoke, "He seems like a nice boy. Thank you for being honest with us about your mate, Carlisle told us about telling us was about your mate being human. This information is a little helpful, but we will not make any decisions about this situation until after we meet him tomorrow and the three of us discuss it and give you our ruling."

*3rd Person POV*

After the short conversation, the kings and Rosalie made their way back to the Cullen residence. They were met with not only the rest of the Cullens with Felix and Demetri but also Alec and Jane were back from watching Lucifer the rest of the afternoon through his window until he went to sleep. "Rosalie has given us a lot of good information about young Lucifer. We still do need to meet him though to make sure we are making the right decision" Aro announced to everyone.

Marcus decided that since everyone was together he would tell everyone what he found out earlier, "I have an announcement. This morning I found out some very interesting information about Lucifer. It has come to my attention that Lucifer has family bonds to members of the Volturi. He had a parental bond with Caius and sibling bonds with all four members of the elite guard."

"WHAT?!" Rosalie yelled out. "We have family bonds with your mate" Marcus said again, slowly. "I heard what you said! That's not possible!" Rosalie stood from her seat yelling, looking beyond mad at the thought of her mate being family with the Volturi. 'They would hurt him or KILL him' were the thoughts going through Rosalie's. "Young Rosalie, I don't even need to touch you to know what you are thinking. We do not want to take him away from you are harm him I anyway" Aro told Rosalie while he stood in front of her with the sincerest look anyone has ever seen. Since Rosalie knew about how the kings acted from what Carlisle had told her about them so she knew that Aro meant what he said. She calmed down enough to sit back on the couch, but she didn't let her guard down, not fully trusting them yet.

Everything was calm for the rest of the night. The Cullen children did their normal night time activities since they couldn't sleep. Everyone except for Rosalie. After Rosalie had calmed down she decided to get to know more about the Volturi members since they are bonded with her mate. In Rosalie's mind they could take her mate from her because there were so many more on their side then hers and knew if she played nice then she is more likely to be able to keep her mate instead of him being taken away and never seeing him again.