Chapter 3

"There's been an accident."
My eyes widen. My heart starts pounding.
No.. No no no no.. This can't be happening.
This is all just a nightmare. Johns fine. I'll wake up soon right..?
I don't wake up.
There's been an accident
Those words keep going through my head. Dammit John! What happened? When I turn my head I see Rose with widened eyes and about to cry. Jade had tears pouring down her face.
"He had to leave to get something from his house and got hit by a drunk driver." The principal says.
I start to feel tears rolling down my face.
"I-Is he going to be alright..?" Rose asks while wiping tears away.
"The doctors say he hasn't woke up yet. He's breathing fine though."
After 10 minutes we get up and leave. Jade is still crying but not as hard.
We finish the rest of the school day and I walk home alone. As I'm walking I see police tape. That must have been where the accident was. I continue to walk. When I get home I'm alone. Bro isn't here.
I walk into my room locking the door behind me. Don't want Bro to walk in while I'm doing this. I walk over to my desk and open my drawer. I grab something out of it. I walk back to my bed and sit down. I roll up my sleeves and start to cry. Blood rises from my arm again. The cuts are deeper this time. I hear a knock at the front door.
Oh god. Please don't be them..

I get up and run into the bathroom and got some bandages. I wrapped them around my arm and pulled down my sleeves.
There's another knock at the door.
"Dave... Please open up." I realize it's Rose.
"Me and Jade brought some dinner we could have together." I can't lie to her and say I ate. Rose is smart. I open the door.
"Hey Dave!" Jade says with a smile. She's just acting as if it didn't happen. She looks a lot happier thought. I smile back. A real smile for once.
"Hey Jade, hey Rose."
"We brought some food." They brought pizza. That was nice of them. We sit at the couch and I turn on the tv. The news is on.
"...And that's our conclusion on that story. Next up boy hit by drunk driver at 5:00."
Oh no.
Jades head towards the tv faster than I've ever seen it turn before.
"E-Excuse me.." Rose says getting up. I can tell she's about to cry. Jade looks down and starts to cry.
"Dammit..." I say. Jade starts to cry. I turn off the tv.
"D-Dave..?" Jade looks at me still crying.
I get up and walk into my room slamming the door behind me. No one enters.
I lock the door.
"Dave..?" I hear Jade. She sounds like she's still crying. I can't do this not while their here. I get up and unlock the door.
"Why did you lock the door..? And is that blood?" Jade asks.
Oh shit. No no no.
"I don't know why I locked the door." I laugh trying to avoid the other question.
"Your avoiding the other question. Please tell me."
I didn't know what to do. I can't lie to Jade. She's so nice..
I close the door, locking it.
"What are you doing?"
"Please don't tell anyone." I roll up my sleeves.
"Why do you have bandages on, Dave?"
I take the bandages off and show her the cuts.
"D-Dave.." Her eyes fill with tears. She hugs me.
"I'm sor-"
"S-Shut up, Dave." She hugs me even tighter. We sit there for a few minutes. She hugged me the entire time.
"Guys.. Are you ok..?" I hear Rose say.
"Don't tell her please."
"Dave, she needs to know."
"Please Jade..."
"O-Ok..." She lets go of me I put the bandages back on and open the door.
"You okay Rose?"
"Are you okay? You two were in here for 15 minutes."
"Yeah. We thought you needed some alone time. You looked like you were about to cry and we didn't want to budge in." Jade says with a smile on her face.
"Alright." All three of us walk back out. I grab the pizza I was eating earlier. Rose and Jade grab some pizza as well. I grab the remote. When I turn it on the news is back on.
I change the channel. I didn't want to see them cry.

After an hour Rose leaves.
"I'm sorry. I have to go home. Bye!" She waves bye to us and leaves.

Jades POV

Rose left and now it's just me and dave.
"Why didn't you want me to tell her..? I ask.
"She'll freak out on me. Your the only person who knows. Please don't tell anyone." He says.
I'm not going to tell anyone. Not because it's a secret. Because I like Dave.
I've always liked him. I try to act cool around him but I'm just not cool.
"So.. If you don't mind me asking. What happened to Dirk..?" I ask.
"I don't know. He just kinda.. left..."
"I'm sorry I brought it up.."

I want to tell Dave how I feel but I'm not cool enough for him. He probably thinks I'm a loser.
I start staring at him and he looks back.
"Jade.." He says.
"Yeah..?"
I see him blush a little.
"How about we g-" He stops.
"Oh sorry I'm getting a phone call." He gets up with his phone and answers.
"Hello..? Oh Hi." He talks to the person for a bit. When he's done he sits back down.
"Who was it? If you don't mind me asking."
"It's was my Bro."
"Oh. How is he?"
"Good."
What was dave gonna ask me earlier?
"Hey Dave. What were you going to ask me before your Bro called you?"
He blushes again.
"Nothing."

Dave's POV

Wow. Smooth Dave Strider. You were finally gonna ask her out and you chickened out. Just great. My phone buzzes and I look at it.

-- turntechGodhead has began pestering carcinoGeneticist--

TG: Sup kitkat
CG: I TOLD YOU NOT TO FUCKING CALL ME THAT STRIDER
TG: calm the fuck down
CG: SO I HEARD EGDERP GOT HURT
TG: who told you that?
CG: GAMZEE DID. IS HE LYING? ILL FUCKING KILL HIM IF HE IS
TG: no he's not lying.
CG: THEN WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED
TG: he got in an accident
CG: WELL FUCK
CG: IS HE OK OR IS HE GONNA FUCKING DIE
TG: Jesus calm the fuck down
TG: yeah he'll be fine

After that I log off and I look at Jade. She looks back.
We stare at each other for a few.
She's so pretty.
"So Jade..." I start blushing.
"D-Do you want to hang out sometime... Alone... At a movie." I blush some more. She's blushes also.
"L-Like a date..?"
"Yeah.. Something like that.." I sound like a dork.
"I would love to." She smiles.
Egbert may be in the hospital but I feel like things were starting to look up.