Chapter 17

Daves POV

Jade had been missing for 2 days now. I told John and Rose and they said they would help. They told Aradia and Kanaya also. Hell, I even asks Karkat! I just want Jade back. This is all my fault isn't it? I'm a terrible friend. A worthless piece of shi-

"Hey dude you ok?" I look up at Dirk. I sigh and nod my head.

"What's wrong? Is it about Jade? I promised we wou-"

"I'm fine Dirk! Just leave me alone."

"Dave calm down dude."

" I can't fucking calm down because the girl I love has been kidnapped and she's been missing for two fucking days now! " I snap. I look down and start crying. Dirk sits next to me and hugs me tightly. He sighs.

"Dave.. Listen.. I know you're currently upset about Jade, and you don't have to answer if you don't want too, but, well..."

"What's wrong Bro?"

"I was cleaning your room because I couldn't find cal.. And I found something in your desk." He holds his hand out and in it is a little piece of metal.

"You don't have to answer, but did you harm yourself?" I freeze. I cry harder and hug him tightly. Way to stay cool strider.

"I-Im sorry Dirk! I-Im just a stupid teenager and I didn't know what I was doing!"

"Don't be sorry. Could you tell me why you did it?"

"I started doing it around when Sollux died. I even tried killing myself. Then I met Jade, John and Rose and I stopped hurting myself. Then you were always away. Never here to strife with me, or prank me with your stupid smuppets. Alway away at work or with Jake. That's when I decided to start doing it again." There a long silence between us and eventually Dirk breaks the silence.

"I'm sorry Dave. I'm a shitty brother and a shitty guardian I know. I knew I shouldn't have spent all my free time with Jake. I should've spent it with my little bro. Can you promise me that you'll never use this ever again?"

"Yes. I promise." He hugs me.

"Since you miss strifing with me how about a good ol' fight."

"Hell fucking yes."

"Good, go get your katana and meet me on the roof. Strider family bonding time. "

~time skip~

"You got lucky Dave!" He says panting.

"I've improved since our last strife! You couldn't even hit me once that's how bad you were Dirk!"

"Let's do one more fight! I'll beat you this time. Those were just warm ups."

"Bro, we've already fought 3 times."

"Fine. You win this round. But next time I'm gonna win for sure!" He smirks.

"If there is a next time.." I mutter under my breath and sigh.

"Don't say that Dave. There will be a next time. I promise." He starts to climb down from the roof.

"Dirk wait-" He stops and looks at me.

"Thank you Dirk. And you're not a shitty guardian." I smile at him. A real smile.

"Nah dude. I'm still a shitty guardian. Normal guardians wouldn't let their lil' bros go on the roof and fight with katanas."

"That's why you're the best guardian." We both climb down from the roof.

Jades POV

"JADE IM GOING OUT, DONT MISS ME TO MUCH." He screams at me. God can this boy ever lower his voice?! Never mind. That's not the important thing. He allows me to walk around, but he took his laptop away so I couldn't message anyone. As soon as he's gone I get to work. I remembered that jake gave me a pocket knife to use in emergencies, and obviously this is a emergency. I get the knife out and I look down at the rope tied around my foot, and I kneel down on my knee and start to cut the rope off.

After about 3 minutes the rope finally comes off. I sigh in relief. Now to find the exit. It's really dark...

"Damnit.." I mumble to myself. I look around and I finally found the door. I quickly run over to the door and move the door handle. Locked. Good thing Jake is the best older brother ever and taught me how to pick locks! I pick the lock with no problem and open the door. The sun shines through and I can feel tears form in my eyes.

I was finally free.

[Authors Note]

Yay happy ending :D

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm so happy that people actually like this story :3.

Be sure to follow for more updates!

Thanks for reading!

~Jazzy =(^w^)=