Chapter 11

Jades POV

It had been a week now since I saw Karkat and Dave fight. I didn't know what my feelings were anymore. I didn't know if I hated Dave or loved him. WHY WAS THIS SO CONFUSING! I sigh then look up from the book I'm reading to see a girl with a blue cat hat and a guy wearing a tank top hanging up posters. As they leave the girl hops onto his back and he carries her on his back. I get up to read the poster that they put up.

Prom.

Yeah.. I'm defiantly not going to that. Earlier this year I couldn't wait for prom to come. I was going to ask Dave before he decided to be a asshole to Karkat. Well, I was going to attempt to ask Dave. But I knew he would just reject me because 1. I'm a total dork and 2. Because we're just friends.

"HEY JADE." I turn and see Karkat.

  "Oh hey Karkat! I see your eye looks a lot better."

"YEAH THAT FUCKING HURT."

"I could tell.." He looks up at the poster and reads it.

"ARE YOU GONNA GO?"

"What do you mean"

"ARE YOU GONNA GO TO PROM?"

"I don't really know.."

"IF YOU DO GO. WANNA GO WITH ME?" I blush.

   "Y-Yeah sure.."

Just as I answer a tall kid with light brown hair that has a purple streak walks up. He looks like a hipster.

"Hey Kar, wwe need to talk about-"

  "ERIDAN. SHUT THE HELL UP"

"Karkat? What are you two talking about." They both turn their heads and speak at the same time.

"NOTHING!"

"Nothing!"

"Well I have to go now. We'll talk later at lunch. Bye Karkat!" I quickly run off to my first class of the day.

What were they talking about?

Karkat's POV

"THAT WAS TOO CLOSE AMPORA SHE WAS RIGHT THERE!"

"Sorry Kar, I didn't realize that she wwas there."

"I WAS FUCKING TALKING TO HER DUMBASS"

"Wwell, wwe still need to discuss you know wwhat."

"WHATS TO DISCUSS THIS IS WORKING PERFECTLY"

"There's a minor flaww. Prom is goin' to screw it up."

"HOWS THAT"

"The cliché romcom movvie endin'. You're good wwith romcoms you should knoww that."

"...FUCK YOU"

"Wwell, in the end, Jade and Davve wwill end up dancin' the night awway and probably end up together. Like in evvery movvie evver."

"NOT EVERY FUCKING MOVIE"

"Still. This may not wwork. You might havve to go to a plan b."

"PLAN B? IS THIS WHAT YOU DID WITH SOLLUX?"

"No, the plan a wworked wwith Sol. Plan B, is kinda risky to do.."  

"WHAT IS IT?"

"Wwell yo-" He was cut off by the sound of someone falling. Not just one person.

"DAVE, TEREZI?!?"

"K4RK4T HOW COULD YOU?!" She was crying. Shit shit shit!

"What's this plan you two are talking about? And why do you keep talking about Sollux?! He's been dead for 2 years!" Dave says.

"Wwoww has it really been that long?"

"What really happened to Sollux?! He was one of my best friends and one day I hear that he's fucking dead!"

"4ND HOW LONG H4V3 YOU B33N CH34T1NG ON M3?!"

"STRIDER, IF YOU WANNA FUCKING KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO SOLLUX ASK AMPORA. TEREZI, I DIDN'T CHEAT ON YOU."

"YOU D1DN'T CH34T ON M3? NOW YOU'R3 LY1NG TO M3? 1 H34RD YOU AND 3R1D4N T4LK1NG! 1M BL1ND NOT D34F"

"FINE.. YEAH I WAS *KINDA* CHEATING ON YOU BUT I WASN'T DATING JADE YET. STRIDER KEPT GETTING IN THE FUCKING WAY."

"SO YOU DON'T LOV3 M3 BUT YOU LOV3 J4D3? 1F YOU D1DN'T LOV3 M3 YOU SHOULD H4V3 JUST BROK3N UP W1TH M3 1NST34D OF CH34T1NG ON M3!"

"IT WAS EASIER TO JUST DO IT WITHOUT BREAKING UP WITH YOU SINCE-"

"S1NC3 WH4T? B3C4US3 1'M BL1ND YOU TH1NK YOU SHOULD JUST CH43T? 1M GO1NG TO T3LL J4D3 YOU'R3 JUST 4 B1G CH34T1NG 4SSHOL3!" Shit this can't be fucking happening. I would be so screwed if she told Jade. Then Strider would win. I couldn't let that happen. I then heard something being slammed against the locker.

"What the fuck happened to Sollux you fucking asshole!"

  "Wwhy wwould I tell you!"

"Because then I'll know what your stupid plan with Karkat is!"

Shit I forgot about Dave. He could tell Jade about Terezi. Actually Jade doesn't trust Dave with anything right now. So he's out of the picture.

  I continued to watch until something hit me.

Hard.

It was a foot. I just got kicked in the balls by Terezi.

  "TH4TS WH4T YOU G3T FOR B31NG 4 B1TCH!" She says before running off crying.

Next thing I saw while I was on the ground in pain was Dave getting ready to punch Eridan. It probably wasn't the first punch that Dave did since I saw multiple marks on Eridan's face. The only thing I could think of was to tackle Dave. Which is what I did. 

"GET OFF OF ME KARKAT! I KNOW IT WAS ERIDANS FAULT THAT ONE OF MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD!" Dave yells loudly. He pushes me off and pins me to the ground.

The next thing I saw was a man standing at the end of the hall.

"You three, principals office now!"

Shit.