TWENTY-SEVEN

cherry laid on her couch, trying to prepare herself for what was about to happen. she wrapped herself in a blanket, sitting in silence. she had a bad feeling about this, her heart was preparing for heartbreak and timothée wasn't even there yet. she didn't know to to expect, was timothée going to break the new that he did cheat?

charlotte has been cheated on before, timothée not even knowing about that because it was so heartbreaking and she couldn't bring herself to mention it. somethings from her past timothée had no idea about. she never brought it up because it haunted her so badly.

suddenly her front door opened and in walk timothée. he wore his classic pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. his hair was messy and he had his headphones on his neck.

cherry turned to him, wondering what he was thinking right now. did he already makeup his mind? was he done with her?

"hey.." he muttered, slipping his shoes off. he slid them by the door, slowly walking towards cherry. "hi." she said, both of them tense. he sat down next to her on the couch, eyeing her. cherry looked at him, waiting for him to start. he didn't seem to want to and that worried her even more.

"did you hear back?" he asked, referring to the movie she's been talking about non stop. the movie she worked her ass off to even get an audition for. "yeah i got the part." she mumbled, annoyed that he didn't explain himself. she can't just move past this.

"that's great." he gave her a small smile, showing his support. she bit her lip, she couldn't even be happy for herself when this was happening. timothée meant more to her then a part in a movie every would.

"i just want to say i'm sorry.." he began, carefully searching cherrys face. "just tell me what happened." cherry added, knowing that he would just keep apologizing.

"she messaged me.. on instagram again. i ignored it but she said she just wanted to talk and say goodbye one more time...we agreed to lunch and we talked.." he kept pausing and cherry knew there was more to the story. he looked at her, playing with his fingers.

she watched him, waiting for him to countine. "she came back to my place and no i didn't invite her.. we just happened to walk there." cherry was chewing the inside of her cheeks. her face began to feel hot, still waiting for him to say what she fears most.

"she-she came on to me-" he suddenly said, making it quick but that line alone made her stand up. he immediately followed her actions. "don't freak out." he moved in front of her, gently grabbing her arms.

cherry's eyes were tearing up already, her breathing increased. "please don't tell me you.." she whispered, waiting for her fate. "no.. we didn't but we kissed.. that's it." cherry quickly brushed past him, walking into the kitchen. she pressed her hands to her hot cheeks.

"why? why did you even to agree to meet with her?" her stomach was in knots. she couldn't believe what was happening, how quickly things were falling apart. she wished she could just see past this but her gut was telling her she couldn't.

"i-i honestly don't know it was stupid of me." he gripped the counter now, not looking into her eyes. cherry shook her head, crossing her arms. "i should have told you." he sighed but for some reason that made cherry angrier.

"you shouldn't have done any of this in the first place." she mumbled, watching him stare at her counter. "okay i know that but don't act like you didn't hang out with colby a few days ago." cherry immediately felt her chest rise. she was growing angry and that set her off quickly.

"are you joking? colby has always been my best friend and he's been there for me when you weren't." timothée pushed off the counter.

"like i haven't? we are both busy people, sorry i can't drop everything the second you feel insecure!" he was frustrated now, not yelling but his voice rised a few octaves.

"sorry i shouldn't have-" cherry cut him off, "no just get it off your chest, you can't take it back now. go ahead timothée tell me how i'm unstable and insecure about myself. i've heard it all before, trust me." cherry said, watching timothée do exactly what her ex did.

"i didn't mean it but i try to be there for you and it's never enough. you have barley mentioned anything about your past and every time you get close you shut down. it's fucking hard getting you to open up and i just feel like i'm not enough." he spilled his thoughts and cherry knew he was right.

"you don't try? you have never once sat me down and asked me about my past and i shut down because talking about it hurts! when you hung out with ava i lost it. it truly felt like betrayal and i've been cheated on before so i just spiraled and the only person who cared was colby." she was walking as she talked, to eager to sit down.

"don't say i don't try because i do! i care about you and when i press anything further you change the subject! im not going to force you to tell me anything you don't feel comfortable doing. you just use me at a fucking safety net all the time and it's exhausting!" he was yelling now, his emotions taking over and now all he felt was anger and sadness. he felt like he was losing her and it was scaring him. he has never felt like this before so now he was the one feeling lost.

cherry felt her eyes well with tears, his words cutting her like a knife. her chest was burning and she wanted to fall to the floor and cry.

"what the fuck? you cheated on me timothée! you feel like you're not enough? well i felt like a piece of shit right now because you promised me, you said she didn't mean anything and now look where we are. you lied to me and if i exhaust you so much then leave!" she turned her back, letting the tears fall on her hot cheeks. she quickly rubbed her eyes, her life felt like it was being thrown out the window.

"cherry i love you and i care for you but i just... i'm leaving for london and i can't... i can't do this." he mumbled, hearing her small cries. his heart was shattering and he couldn't believe he was even about to say this. "i think we should take a break.. we both have shit going on and we don't even have ourselves figured out anymore."

"how can you tell me you love me then leave?" she whispered, slowly turning around. timothée's eyes were red like he was on the verge of tears but he was better at keeping his composure. he opened his mouth to say something but cherry approached him so fast.

she shoved his chest, "get out." he stumbled a bit, eyes wide. he went to grab her, knowing she needed comfort. "get out." she said again, tears falling down her cheeks. timothée was shocked, not able to move his feet.

"get out!" she pushed him to the door, swinging it open. once he was safely in the hallway she slammed the door. immediately falling to the floor, not trying to hide her sobs.

☁︎︎

A/N:

yeah i'm crying.

guys this chapter was so difficult to write for me. i literally had to keep going back for days because i couldn't write it in one sitting.

sorry if there are spelling errors, my heart is broken and i don't wanna have to re-read:,)

love u and i'm sorry for this ..