Chapter 13 - Crushes

TOMMY POV

"Are you alright Tom?" Tommy blinked himself back into reality.

"Huh?"

"You've got this silly face on," Tubbo explained. Tommy glanced at himself in the black screen of his computer. Tubbo was right. His eyes were brighter than usual, and his mouth held this weird smirk.

"I guess I'm just in a good mood." Tommy punctuated his sentence with a laugh.

"Well come on, tell me who it is!"

"What do you mean?" Tommy swiveled his head back towards his phone, where he was on video call with Tubbo. Tubbo sighed.

"Don't even try to lie to me. You've got that look you get when you like someone - the one you get when they acknowledge you exist."

(R/n: I mean.. he Not wrong-) SLAY TUBBS SLAYYYY)

"Everyone knows I exist!" Tommy bragged. Tubbo stared at him. He sighed. "Fine. You're right. I do."

"Have you talked to them?"

"Yeah."

"Have you actually held more than a five minute conversation with them?" Tommy thought back to their calls. Sometimes their sentences ended with a silence, but it was a good silence. He felt it said more than they thought it could. That counts, right?

"Yeah. We've called."

"How long?"

"Twice, almost all night. The others were shorter."

"All night?" Tubbo repeated.

"Almost all night."

Tubbo grinned. What does he find funny now? "Boss man, you've got an admirer." Oh god.

"Tubbo, you're so funny that you should try sit-down comedy instead of stand-up, y'know?" Tommy let his chair take him, leaning back all the way. He was completely flat when he heard Tubbo say, "Tommy, I'm not kidding." He shot up, eyes wide. "What?" He pressed the button that sent the chair back up, and it did, smashing into his back. Tommy went into a loud coughing fit.

"TOMMY! Are you okay?" Tubbo laughed. There was concern, but Tommy knew Tubbo definitely enjoyed watching that. Hey look I got hurt, haha I'm so original.

"Yeah...but what do you mean? Y/N doesn't like me."

"It's Y/N?" Tommy froze.

"How do you know them?"

"They blurted their name on stream, remember? There's clips of it everywhere. It took me forever to get those away, I was drowned in them. But really? Phone person? Y/N?"

"Yeah..." Tommy shifted uncomfortably in his chair. "So what?"

"I didn't think you'd be one for relationships across the sea. It seems complicated, and not like something you'd want to start with."

Complicated? Hah, if he knew. Oh wait. He's right. Not only are they 100 years in the past (and dead now), they're in America. Oh boy.

"Well...surprise?" Tommy offered a lopsided smile. Tubbo shrugged.

"Enjoy crushing on whoever you want, boss man. I'm not judging, I promise. It's kinda nice to see you...can't believe I'm saying this...getting out of your comfort zone."

"I'm Tommy. I always get out of my comfort zone."

"No, not Tommy. I don't care what Tommy does. It's nice to see Tom being happy. Do you want to talk about it?" Tommy's smile froze.