Chapter One - The Call

"Well I don't know, it's kinda pricey," Y/N said unsurely. Their friend raised an eyebrow. Facetime transmitted their amusement from the west coast of America to the southern area of America.

"You think everything is pricey Y/N," their friend pointed out.

"Oh be quiet Z," Y/N teased.

"OI!" A loud shout was heard over the phone. Someone tackled Z, making them yell out. The phone whirled around and landed on the (thankfully) carpeted floor. Someone picked it up and stared at the phone, protectively saying, "Who the heck is telling mi amor to shut up?!? Oh, hi Y/N!"

"Hi Orange!" Y/N replied, laughing. Orange let out a shriek on the other end as Z snatched the phone back from her.

"My phone! Go get yours!"

"But Y/N - "

"Nope nope nope call Y/N later this is my call time."

"But Y/N - "

Y/N sat in silence, watching Orange and Z argue. Orange stood in the background of the call; her facial features were content and amused and she looked like she was trying not to laugh, so Y/N knew that they weren't really mad at each other. Z rolled her eyes and turned back to the camera.

"I am going to kidnap you here. You need to come back again! It's nice and sunny."

"It's 'nice and sunny' over here too. Why don't you come to me?"

"Going to the south? Ugh, no way! You would NOT catch me there. Nope. Don't even try. Shut. Shut. Shut. Not doing it! No way."

"Oh boo hoo," Y/N said, rolling their eyes. "I'm gonna go for now, I gotta make a trip to Walmart. Running out of tic tacs."

"NOT THE TIC TACS!" Orange shouted in the background.

"BE QUIET!" Z yelled back at her. She looked back at the camera. "Get some sour rainbow strips for me okay?"

"I will," Y/N promised. "Tell Rain I said hi."

"Course. Bye!" Z saluted and hung up.

Y/N got a few empty boxes and put them under their arm, walking out their apartment door and locking it. They stuck the boxes in the large - and thankfully deep - basket on the back of their bike. Their old basket was too shallow, and Y/N's groceries had fallen out. But not this time! Y/N thought. I'm so glad I bought this one a while ago. Five dollars WELL spent.

Their bike was chained to a pole on the apartment's porch, supporting the porch roof. They didn't own a car. But that's fineeee, who needs a car anyways? Hahaha... Y/N shook their head as they rolled their bike to the sidewalk and hopped on. Where was I going again? Dollar tree? Crap. They braked, took out their phone, and texted Z.

–Hey Z where was I going again–

–Walmart i think–

–did you forget again–

–No–

–whats that smell? it smells like- *SNIFF* l i e s–

Y/N laughed, put their phone away, and biked again. Thanks to them biking around everywhere, their legs were pretty strong. They remembered to back when they first started using a bike as their main transportation, and how sore their legs got. Dang, those days sucked! I can't imagine going back though. Until six months ago, bus rides and carpools were very frequent to get anywhere. They braked, stretched their arms, and started pedaling again.

Twenty-five minutes later they arrived. They switched the small cooler attached to the front of the bike on (it held the weight of a carton of eggs and a few packs of cheese or a singular milk) and locked the bike up. They started walking down the parking lot to the store before they realized they forgot their boxes. Y/N ran back, grabbed the boxes, and continued walking into Walmart.