Chapter 15 - The World Number One

"-Gabriel Medina"

I look at him with a blank face in reply to his arrogant smirk as if I should know who he is. It takes a couple of seconds of silence for him to realise that I haven't responded to his name. His smirk drops slowly and a look of shock and confusion has now taken over now on his dark tanned face. I begin to blush at the awkward silence. He rubs the back of his head and looks as if he's about to talk again but stops, "uh I'm a professional surfer...no? Nothing?" I can't help but laugh a little which must seem like I'm laughing at him but the face he is pulling is hilarious that I can't help it, "I'm sorry, I'm new here so I don't really know the celebrities around here" I blush a little at my naivety and look at my feet to avoid him noticing.

"Gabriel! Come on we have to go!" I hear a male voice shout from his entourage. Gabriel cups his hands around his mouth and shouts, "Dois minutos pai!" Oh so that's his dad, I think while glancing over and the man who is quite a bit smaller than the giant that is Gabriel. He has the same deep tan but has a worn face that is covered in a dark beard.

Gabriel turns back to me with a small mischievous smile which causes me to narrow my eyes slightly at him. "Will you meet me here tomorrow in this exact spot?" He asks beaming now. I let out an awkward laugh, "Why may I ask?" His grin has now fallen into a lazy smirk and he's folded his arms looking extremely confident and comfortable, the complete opposite to my stature right now. I'm completely rigid and can't stop fidgeting. I can't help but feel alien to this situation, boys have never really paid attention to me, they usually either ignore me and treat me like one of them like the boys in the village did or the reject me like Neymar did. At the thought of his name a sharp pang hits my gut and my cheeks redden at my earlier embarrassment. I shake my head forgetting about Neymar, Gabriel should help me forget him and just enjoy being in the company of someone new!

"You intrigue me, you're all mysterious and it's exciting" he says excitedly causing me to laugh.
"I'll have to see if I'm busy already first, but I'll let you know" I say teasingly, a smirk now playing on my lips as I'm taking control of the situation. His smirk returns, "Well how will I know if you're free or not?" I look over my shoulder to make sure Aecus is still down at the water, which he made his way down to after Gabriel started talking to me. Noticing his figure in the distance, I reply, "Well I'll need your number then to contact you". Carolina has taught me a couple of things about technology and one of them is about phones as I have to make calls to their dry cleaners and receive calls from them when they are out.

Gabriel raises his eyebrows and looks intrigued and surprised. Obviously girls don't do this often. Ugh boys and their stupid sexist ideas. "One second" he says holding up his finger to indicate the length of time he will be gone and then he runs to his group and comes back with a pen. "Hold out your arm" he orders. I hesitate but he laughs and hold my wrist and gently brings it to him. An odd sensation begins to occur and I get the shivers when he touches my wrist and it continues throughout my whole body causing me to smile. He looks at me and smiles before writing on my arm. I can't help but observe him. His curly hair is so cute and is sitting so effortlessly perfect even though he literally can out of the water like twenty minutes ago. His eyes are so warm and inviting. They are coated with thick eyelashes that any girl would kill for. He has a small amount of stubble lining his jawline which is quite prominent. He's got a boyish charm to his looks which makes me want to pinch his cheeks but also drool at his handsomeness. My gaze lowers to his chest and his taut muscles he has a completely different body shape to Neymar. Gabriel is much broader and has a longer chest which gives me the impression he would give AMAZING hugs....maybe I could ask for one...or is that weird. He interrupts my thoughts by looking up at me and coughing to get my attention. I blush realising he caught me looking at his body causing him to smile warmly at me and not arrogantly causing me to smile slightly as well. I distract myself by looking down at his masterpiece to find he's written several numbers surrounded by waves and with a small surfer riding one. To the side he has written, 'World number one'. I look up at him puzzled. He chuckles and explains, "just put me as that under your contacts" and winks at me. His confidence is so attractive, it's slightly bordering on arrogance but he not quite there so the eye rolling isn't necessary yet.