ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

──────

──────

 ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ. ʏᴜᴜ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛʟᴇᴅ ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ quite remember. 

 "what just happened..." he muttered, then he turned his head towards the direction of the door. "huh, is someone knocking on the door?"

 "mm..? hey yuu, sounds like we've got a late night visitor. ya think it's the ghosts again? they don't know when to quit." 

 rubbing his eyes and with aching limbs, he moved down to the front door. "who is it?" he called.

 "it's me, ace. let me in."

 now fully awake, yuu cautiously opened the rusty door, and as expected, was greeted by a disgruntled ace who had something strange around his neck.

 "ace, what're you doing here this late... gah!? what's with the collar?" grim said.

 "i'm never going back to hellslabyul ever! starting today, i'm joining you dorm!"

 "eh? why?" yuu asked. 

 "hey, that's the same collar the red haired senior put me on during the entrance ceremony. what's it doing on you?"

 "i ate a tart." ace sighed.

 "come again?" yuu asked, disbelieving his ears. "that's... all you did?"

 "you heard me. literally just that. i was feeling a bit peckish and found a whole tart just chillin' in the fridge down in the dorm kitchen. and turns out there were three whole tarts! so..."

──────

flashback to heartslabyul dorm kitchen

 "ugh i'm beat, and it's only day one! all that drama with archangel-sama and missing out dinner really got me starving." he flung open the fridge door. "inside the fridge we have....." his eyes traveled to certain tarts kept in there. "oh hey, these tarts look good!" 

 ace glanced around to see if someone was looking. "there's so much here, surely no one's going to notice one missing piece. bon appetit~" his eyes widened as he took one bite out of it.

 "woah, this tastes amazing! what the hell?!"

 "of course it does." a sharp voice resounded from his back. "trey does not bake tarts that are anything less than exquisite."

 "seriously, this thing tastes insane! it's even better than the stuff you get at- holy crap, dorm leader?!" with sudden realization, ace swung around. "what are you doing down here?" then, noticing something, ace frowned, "what's that in your hand?"