Denki's Raid Rescue

Denki smirks as he and Kirishima get ready for a raid.
"This is so manly." The redhead whispers to his blonde friend.
"I know right bro?! I ain't too keen on how many villains are here but I sure as hell am gonna take out as many as I can."
"Don't short circuit Pikachu." Bakugou taunts through the ear piece.
"Shut up Bakugou! I haven't done that since high school. I've gotten better with my quirk."
"That's a lie dunce face. You overused your power last week."
Denki was about to shoot back but Deku interrupted. "Guys it's time."

Denki sneaks around trying to find the hostages. He comes across a locked door so he kicks it in, getting his quirk ready incase there was a villain inside.
The small group inside jumps and panics at the loud bang of the door falling in.
"It's ok everyone calm down. I'm a pro hero. We're here to rescue you."
Most of the people rush toward him and express how grateful they are.
All except one.
A young girl, roughly the same age as him.
Upon seeing her, Denki's heart races.
His cheeks heat up but he shakes his head.
"Miss, come with me. We're gonna get out."
"She doesn't speak sir. They broke her legs so she can't walk." One woman informs.
"She's been here the longest." A man adds.
Denki nods and walks over to her. He picks her up and carries her out. "I've got you sweet cheeks."

Once they reach the outside, paramedics tend to the hostages.
Denki lays the girl on a gurney and explains to the women loading the gurney.
They nod in understanding.
The girl looks at Denki and clings to his arm.
The panic in her eyes makes his heart race again.
"I'll come with, ok?"
The girl nods quickly.
"Hurry inside." One woman instructs and the hero jumps in.
"Kiri, I'm heading to the hospital with one of the hostages. I'll call with an update later."
The redhead listens and nods. "Roger that bro. See ya later."

At the hospital they tend to her broken legs with casts and check for any other injuries.
Denki stays with her and rubs her hand.
The doctor was hesitant at first to keep Denki in the room while he worked, but due to the girl's reaction when he was about to leave he decided to keep him.
Denki knew to stay quiet and out of the way.
Once they were finished the girl was handed a notepad.
The doctor and police ask her some questions about herself and the time she spent at the raid location.
The lightning hero made sure to encourage her for answers.
She wrote everything down slowly.

Denki was doing his best to stay calm for her. He couldn't believe he had such a cute girl clinging to him.
The fact that it was because she was traumatized of course dampened his mood.
He made sure to enjoy it while it lasted though.
Unfortunately she had no one to call to visit or take care of her.
"Why don't you get some rest (Y/n)? The nurse will be back later to check on you." The doctor suggests.
"I should probably head back too. I'm sure the others will be worried about us." Denki adds.
The girl frowns and squeezes his hand.
The blonde looks at the girl. "How about this: you can rest for the night and I'll visit in the morning? It's not like you're gonna go anywhere." He gestures to her legs with his eyes. "There are guards around the hospital for you and the other hostages. No one's gonna hurt you again."
"Promise" She scribbled quickly.
Denki nods and smiles. "I promise. Get some sleep." He gently pets her hair and she nods slowly.
She gets comfortable and closes her eyes.
The hero waits until she's asleep before leaving the hospital.

The next morning Denki comes back and goes to the girl's room.
The doctor was just walking out and smiles at the hero. "She just woke up a bit ago. She's eating breakfast."
The blonde nods and walks into the room. "I'm back pretty lady."
The girl blushes slightly but keeps eating.
Denki walks over and sits next to the bed. "Are you doing ok?"
She looks at her legs then the hero.
"I mean besides the obvious." He corrects, gesturing to her casts.
She shrugs and finishes the small fruit cup.
"I wanted to tell you I'm sorry about what happened. A gorgeous girl like you doesn't  deserve that. You should be out partying or hanging out with friends. Maybe when you're healed I can take you out."

(Y/n) grips her fork tightly.
Her mind races with thoughts of the men who kidnapped her.
They used to flirt like this all the time, that's how they got her in the first place.
A distressed expression replaces her blush.
Denki noticed right away. "I'm sorry! You've been through hell I shouldn't be flirting. I was just trying to lighten the mood. Please forgive me."
She squeezes her eyes closed and grips her hair.
The fork drops onto her plate.
The hero is quick to sit on the bed next to her. "Whoa calm down. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Calm down. They can't hurt you anymore."
She cries into his chest and grips his shirt.
"Deep breaths." He whispers and pets her hair. "Take deep breaths (Y/n)."
She manages to obey and her breathing goes back to normal, with a few hiccups and sniffles.

Denki pulls away gently and smiles softly. "I'm sorry." He whispers once again. "I can take things slow, just for you. I wanna help you get over this, but I won't do anything to hurt you or make you uncomfortable. Deal?"
She looks at his outstretched hand for a few minutes.
He was getting nervous, and sad, by her unmoving behavior. He frowns and starts to lower his hand.
She grabs his pointer finger and slowly moves it up and down.
He smiles and nods. "Once you get out of here I can help when I'm not doing hero work. Just call and I'll come running."
She nods and opens her mouth.
He looks at her confused at first then smiles in realization.
"Thank...you," she whispers weakly.
It's the first time she's spoken since they rescued her.
"You're welcome pretty lady."
(Y/n) blushes and goes back to her breakfast.
Denki sits back in his chair and watches her eat.