Chapter 7: Friends

-----

True friends will stand by you no matter what. They'll feel your pain and share your happiness. True friends would do their best to help you, and so will you. So, I want you to say thank you to them, the person who stayed next to you when you were broken. Go out for a picnic, or a spontaneous short road trip, just the two of you. Let's bond with our best friend(s).

Yes, this is THAT chapter. Now go!!

- Ten

-----

Kun bit his lips, wondering what he should do. Maybe he could invite his friends (he only had so many) over for dinner? He hardly ever did that so it would definitely be special. Kun questioned how this was going to help him overcome his break-up. After checking with Doyoung, who was sitting at his desk (next to Kun), Kun messaged Yang Yang if he wanted to join. Yang Yang was definitely someone important to Kun, doesn't matter if he only came into Kun's life recently. the younger boy made him smile, made him laugh. He gave him comfort. Yang Yang replied almost immediately, saying he would love to come over. Kun placed his phone face down on the table, smiling to himself.

He was looking forward to tonight.

"Jungho! can you get the door for me please?" The 5-year-old boy ran over from where he was playing with his toy trucks to hug Kun's knees. He left after a short while, standing on his tippy-toes to reach the door handle. Kun kept a close eye on him the whole time, making sure he didn't hurt himself. Soon, after many failed attempts of reaching the handle, Doyoung finally stopped writing his email and walked over to help his son, giving Kun a pat on the butt on the way.

"Hi, how can I help you?" Kun peered over Doyoung's shoulder from the kitchen, trying to see who it was while he stirred the seafood in the pan. When his eyes found the familiar white hair, he placed the spatula down and hurried over to Doyoung's side.

"Yang Yang!"

The younger one waved at him. Doyoung smirked, his hand still placed lightly on his son's head. "Oh, you are Yang Yang? the one Kun can't stop talking-" Kun slammed his hand over Doyoung's mouth while giving Yang Yang an apologetic smile. Yang Yang didn't seem flustered at the comment though, cocking his head to the side. "And you must be Doyoung, the one Kun complains about a lot." Kun let his hand fall back down to his side, stifling a giggle. Doyoung's eyebrows furrowed before he turned his nose up.

"The disrespect."

Turning around he patted his son's back. "Come on buddy, let's not bother the two lovers." Kun blushed at the statement. Jungho waddled after to his dad, who was probably going to accompany Taeyong who was setting the table. Gesturing for Yang Yang to come in, Kun closed the door shut before heading back into the kitchen to continue his cooking.

"Wow, you can cook?" Kun smiled at Yang Yang, who was peering at the sizzling pan. "Just the simple things." Yang Yang raised his eyebrows. He was pretty sure seafood pasta wasn't a 'simple thing', but didn't counter the elder's opinion. "Oh, right. I brought a watermelon." Holding up the plastic bag in his hand, Yang Yang posed with the fruit, making a peace sign. "You can put it on the table over there. but I told you to not bring anything." Yang Yang disappeared from Kun's view, who was plating the food, but his voice was still heard, coming from behind. "I thought it would be a bit rude if I came empty-handed."

"Doyoung hasn't treated me to anything since we first met 5 years ago. If anyone should be rude, it's him." Yang Yang's melodic chuckle filled the kitchen. "Here, let me help." The two carried the food out, placing it on the dining table. Taeyong was packing up Jungho's trucks into a box while Doyoung tried to calm down their hyperactive child, chasing the tiny boy around the living room, remembering to glare at his husband when they crossed paths.

"I told you not to give him candy. LEE JUNGHO COME HERE RIGHT NOW!" Taeyong kissed his husband on the cheek, hopefully, to make up for his mistake.

Kun stared from the dining table, swallowing his saliva harshly. Perhaps he just missed how Ten would do the same to him. Or he was possibly just jealous of their relationship. Ten had promised him they would have the same thing, get married, adopt a little girl and probably 2 cats (at least). Kun felt his stomach drop, churning inside him. Why was he like this? It was just a breakup. He shouldn't be thinking so much about it. He really did love Ten, though. It kills him every day, seeing Ten's Instagram posts being filled with another man either than him (Jacob Suh, or something along the lines of that). What did the man have that Kun didn't. Kun wanted to know, maybe then he could change, have Ten hold his hand once again, hug him, and maybe, just maybe... tell Kun he loved him.

"Dude, what's wrong?"

Yang Yang placed two bowls of rice on the table, smiling widely at Kun. Kun shook his head, trying his best to keep up his own grin. "Nothing, I'm great. Shall we eat?" The last sentence was directed to the couple, who were lost in their own world. Giving Doyoung one last peck on the lips, Taeyong helped Jungho into his 'big boy chair'. Kun envied his friend, he envied how he could have a perfect family with his loved one, the first and last person he ever dated. Slamming the metal chopsticks onto the table, only Yang Yang flinched at the loud bang, while Jungho was shouting too loud for himself and Taeyong to hear. On the other hand, Doyoung just sent Kun a look, already used to his best friend's (although Kun would never admit it) temper.

Kun envied their relationship, and he had never been subtle about it.