Untangle Me (Embry Call) 17 Red

*Chapter 17*

After my fight with Embry something clicked, I was getting tired of fighting with him and constantly worrying. I could take care of myself. There was no doubt in my mind that I loved Embry, but was our relationship going to make it through these harsh times?

I lay on my soft warm bed while Liam and Leah cooked dinner. I had a ton of homework but it stayed on my desk untouched. My ear buds were in and I was blasting music, but these thoughts just kept flooding my mind. I knew what could make them go away.

“Aella!” I heard someone whisper roughly followed by a knock on the window.

I smiled. Sometimes I swear Embry can read my mind. I rushed over to the window and opened it. I enveloped Embry in a tight hug.

“Hey, easy I just saw you half an hour ago” he said with a chuckle.

“I know,” I said with a light laugh. “But I was just thinking about you”

Embry sat on my bed closing his eyes. The poor boy looked exhausted.

“Something good I hope” he said halfheartedly.

I sat across from him and studded his features. The way his forehead was starting to get perminate cresses.

“What’s your brother doing?” he asked absentmindedly.

“Cooking dinner with Leah.” I answered.

“You know you didn’t have to be such a bitch to Bella today, she’s kinda going through the same thing” he said.

That set me over the edge.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

I waited for an answer but the only response I was given was a snore.

“God Damn it Embry!” I shouted.

Embry didn’t even flinch. I felt a heat begin to rise in my chest. I began to have this feeling where if I didn’t move or get out of here I was going to rip out Embry’s throat.

I jumped out of my window and ran to the beach. It felt good to run again. The cold air rushed through my hair reliving me of the sticky feeling on my scalp. I stopped right on the edge of the water and took a deep, well needed, breath.

“Aella! What are you doing out here?” someone shouted sternly.

“Whatever the hell I want!” I snapped.

I didn’t mean to snap but my nerves were going haywire. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a black shadow coming towards me. Without thinking I turned and hissed.

I was meet by a very shocked Jacob. His eyes were big and his hands were by his face ready for defense if necessary.

“Sorry, I’m a little on edge” I explained standing up straight and crossing my arms.

“I’ll say” Jake said rubbing the back of his head.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Right, not helping” he said

I nodded and refocused my attention on the water.

“Is it going to help if I ask what happened?” he asked.

I snarled lightly.

“Bella?” he questioned.

I was taken aback by this. Jake didn’t looked surprised she was part of the problem. I felt kinda bad for him. He’s spending all of his time trying to fix a broken girl that’s just causing him trouble.

“It’s not just her, it’s also Embry he’s just…” I couldn’t put my finger on exactly what Embry was doing wrong and that bothered me.

Jake took a couple steps closer to me. He placed his large hands in his jean pockets.

“I really like Bella,” Jake started “And no one else seems to”

I took a good look at his face. His brow was frowned and he looked kinda mad.

“She’s a drama queen that tends to get on peoples nerves” I explained.

Jake’s warm brown eyes meet mine. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I felt the tears rush out of my eyes, Stinging as they went.

Jake wrapped his warm arms around me. I snuggled my head into his shoulder.

“Aella, you’re so beautiful”