Untangle Me (Embry Call) 16 MINE

Chapter 16

“Ella!” Embry yelled following after me.

I walked fast but not as fast as I wanted to go but I knew I couldn’t give away what I was right in the middle of town. I walked with my head down and my arms crossed. If I was a werewolf I would have phased about 30 steps back.

“Aella! Stop for a minute!” Embry yelled again.

I turned on my heels, I was so mad I could hit something.

“Can’t you take a hint Embry!” I screamed.

Embry froze unsure of what to do next. I didn’t care that he looked hurt I was too upset he betrayed me. Jake ran over to us by the look on his face he was just as mad as I was.

“That was uncalled for!” Jake said in a stern voice

I stood on my tip toes so I was in Jake’s face.

“Oh boo whoo she doesn’t have the same feeling for you Jake! Get over it! It’s not like you imprinted on her!” I yelled.

I stood back and assessed the damage. Jake looked hurt like he was going to cry. Embry was confused and I could tell he didn’t like this one bit. I looked at little farther back to see Bella in tears. Good she deserved it. I walked to the woods and started to run. I didn’t want to talk to any of the wolves or even my brother. I didn’t even want to talk to Jasper. I made my way around the woods until I found a nice creek and sat down. I had to come up with a reason why Victoria was after me and my family.

“Ella?” I heard someone whisper.

I opened my eyes groggily. I guess I fell asleep.

“Embry?” I asked.

“Yes, Love, it’s me” he said rubbing my shoulder.

I sat up and looked around. It looked to be about seven at night which means I’ve only been here for an hour. I moved my gaze to Embry. He still looked confuse like he was waiting for me to snap again.

“I meant what I said” I said sitting up straight.

Embry frowned.

“If you feel that way” he mumbled.

I looked away from him. I figured Liam would be worried so I stood up and began to follow the sent home.

“Don’t go” Embry whined

I ignored him and kept walking.

“Ella, I know something is wrong” he said

I kept walking refusing to listen or look at him.

“God dammit Aella!” he said placing his arms around me so I couldn’t move.

I struggled against him.

“Put me down!” I yelled.

“Tell me what’s wrong” he begged.

He gave me a puppy dog look but there was no way I was going to sugar coat what I had to say.

“You’re my boyfriend, MINE!” I said.

He looked at me funny.

“When something like that happens I want you to take MY side, not Jake’s especial not Bella’s MINE.” I said

He looked confused again.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“The next time Jake is about to rip my throat out for yelling at his girlfriend I want you to stick up for me” I said.

“First of all I would never let Jake touch you and second maybe Bella’s right in a way, maybe Victoria is after the both of you?” He said.

As much as he was right I still wanted to be mad at him. I glared at him for a while.

“Mine.” I said before walking away again.

Embry followed silently. I wasn’t going to tell him anything now. I knew what Victoria was after, and it had to do with both me and Bella. But first  want my boyfriend to start acting like my boyfriend.