Chapter 32 | Always

A/N: There will be moments of this chapter that could be very triggering to some people. Please read at your own risk. We will put a **** at the start of the scene and it will finish out the chapter.

"Okay you should be good to go!" The nurse at the desk says chirpily.

I thank her and sign out, but instantly turn around and rush to Austin's hospital room. I haven't seen him awake since I got here and it's been driving me insane

I was only admitted for three days after the incident to recover, and during that time Sophia was in and out trying to piece together our case against Mason.

If I'm honest, I'm still skeptical about us going against him again. We lost against Mason before, who's to say it won't happen again?

Sophia reassured us that he definitely won't get away with it again, especially with all the evidence piled up against him, so I have a small bit of hope. We also are getting a judge who is not related to him, and taking it to trial unlike before, so it's up to the jury to decide if he's guilty.

The second I reach Austin's room, I don't hesitate to fling open the door and I find him surrounded by our friends. I almost cry when I see him smiling and laughing.

"Austin!" I choke out a sob and he reaches out for me instantly, his arms engulfing me.

"Hey Em!" He says with a huge smile.

"Are you okay? You're okay right?" I rush out, looking at his injuries. My heart just about stops when I see his leg in this huge cast.

"Oh Austin..." I trail off, taking a seat next to him.

I knew what had happened and knew about his knee, but seeing it was different.

"It's okay. It is what it is." He says, shrugging, but I could see the sadness behind his eyes as he stares at his leg.

"No it's not." I say feeling my hand curl into a fist.

My dad was right.

This has gone too far.

"We're taking him to court. We're going to fix this, I promise." I say, making a silent vow inside of myself.

We have to bring him to justice.

"Em, it's okay. I'll be okay but will you? This is a lot to deal with at once." He says, concern on his face.

"Austin, why are you so concerned about me? It's my fault you're in this position." I say quietly, taking a seat next to him.

I see him make eye contact with Chase and sigh.

"Emma, it is not your fault okay? You were not in that car with Mason. You did not cause him to hit us. You had no part in this okay? No one blames you." He tells me softly.

I just nod my head as he grabs my hand and squeezes.

"Now, how are you feeling? Asshole put you in the hospital again? Do I need to go fight him?" Austin asks me and I laugh.

"I think you should probably stay where you are for a little while." I tell him and he chuckles.

"Yeah probably." He says.

"Hey, I gotta go see Jake, but I'll be back later okay?" I promise him and he nods as I lean down to hug him.

Leaving the room, I pass by Chase and he gives me an awkward smile, and I smile back. Things have still been a little strained between us, but we're trying.

Walking to Jake's room, I try to brace myself for the questioning I'm about to get.

The second I push open the door, Jake makes eye contact with me, ignoring whatever Dwight was saying to him.