Chapter 25 | It All Started With A Game Of Monopoly...

~
"It's the little memories
that last a lifetime"
~

I'm jolted awake by my phone vibrating on the table next to me, and I groan.

"Ugh turn that stupid thing off already." Kara groans from next to me.

I sigh before reaching over and turning off my alarm, confused as to why there's an alarm set.

However, before I know it, my phone starts vibrating again in my hand and I see that it's an incoming call, not an alarm.

"What?" I ask groggily.

"You got a little bit of drool right there..." I hear Dwight's deep tease out. I pause for a second trying to gather my thoughts before I realize it's a FaceTime call. I instantly sit up, the world spinning.

"Dwight? Why are you calling me at...six in the morning?!" I ask, checking the time on my phone.

"Take that outside or something dang. Some of us are trying to sleep." Kara says, hitting me with a pillow.

"Shut up. You don't see me complaining when you call my brother." I say, hitting her back. "Hang on Dwight."

I put the phone down on the bed and wander over to my suitcase to grab a sweatshirt and slip my boots on before grabbing a blanket and my phone before going outside to the balcony and sitting down on one of the chairs.

"So why are you calling me this early in the morning?" I ask him, the freezing air waking me up.

"I wanted to be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas. Plus, Annalee woke us up at like five this morning. I barely got any sleep, you know how excited she gets on Christmas." He says running a hand down his face.

"Excuse you, that little girl is precious." I say, smiling.

"I don't know about little, she almost took me out earlier." He chuckles.

"You're just weak." I tease him, making him roll his eyes.

Before he can answer back, I hear Annalee's voice come into the room.

"Hey Dwight! Who you talking to?" Her cute voice asks.

"It's Em-" He gets cut off by her squeal and I hear him grunt as her face comes into view.

"Hi Em!" She shouts, making me laugh.

"Hi Annalee! Did Santa come?" I ask her and her face completely lights up.

"Yeah! I got my own kitchen!" She says excitedly.

"Really? That's awesome!" I tell her, knowing that already since I helped Dwight pick it out for her.

"Mommy said I can't actually cook anything in it though, which is unfair." She says, pouting.

"That's okay, I'll help you cook something in the big girl kitchen when I get back!" I tell her, and her face lights up even more.

"Yay thanks Em! See Dwight, Em said she'd help me. Unlike you." She mutters and I burst out laughing at Dwight's face.

"Whatever." He mutters and I smile.

"Annalee, come help me with breakfast!" I hear Aria say, causing her to jump off of Dwight's bed and leave the room.

"She's so energetic." Dwight comments with a smile.

"She's adorable." I inform him and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm pretty sure she likes you more than me."

"Well yeah, I'm way more like-able." I tell him, flipping my hair sarcastically, making him laugh.

"So how's the rest of the gang?" I ask and he instantly rolls his eyes.