Chapter 21 | I Wanna Go Home!

~
"You will always be my favorite
what if"
~

*Trigger Warning*

"Are you sure you're okay to drive back by yourself?" Dwight asks me, looking at me concernedly. 

I give Dwight a weak smile. I've been trying to convince him I'll be okay for the past half hour. 

"Yeah, I promise." I tell him, and he gives me a pointed look.

"Go Dwight, I'll see you back at the house." I give a small push and he sighs before walking towards Jake's truck.

I let out a sigh before opening my car door.

They all know now.

I wonder if they're mad.

Is Jake still mad at me?

I sink back into my seat and sigh again.

I don't even know how to feel.

I've cried so much that I've got nothing left. I've been so angry these days that I have no more anger left in me.

I'm just done feeling.

Looking up in the rear view mirror, I see Dwight start my brother's truck and drive around probably waiting for me to follow.

I don't want to face them.

But I'm tired of running away.

As I start my car the sleeve of my top pushes back and I catch a glimpse of my tattoo.

Warrior.

I got this as a reminder that despite everything that Mason took from me, I won't give up.

Mason took so much from me, including my will to live. But, there's one thing that he didn't, and could never, take from me.

My friends.

They've been there for me despite all my outbursts both angry and sad.

I smile to myself before driving off, back in the direction of the Miller's house.

They'll be there for me like they always have.

I just have to let them in.

'~'

I park outside the Miller's place and spot Jake's truck already parked outside.

They're all waiting inside Em. All you have to do is take the first step.

I try to move my body, but I hesitate. I can't shake the feeling of doubt that creeps into my mind as I'm now faced with reality.

It's okay. I can do this.

I get out of my car and walk to the front door. The house seems eerily silent but I hear the sound of voices the closer I get to the kitchen.

"She's probably fine Jake, just give her a bit of time." I hear Kara's voice say.

"You're sure she was right behind you Dwight?" Jake's worried voice echos out. My heart clenches at how concerned he sounds.

I hate it when we fight. I know Jake has a short fuse but so do I, we are twins after all. But I also know most of his words and actions are said out of love and worry for me.

I take a deep breath and walk in.

"I'm fine Jake." I say trying to ease his worry. As soon as he hears my voice, his head snaps towards me and he leaps off the island.