Lost

They had been traveling for two days at this point.

Who could have known that things would go horribly wrong for them?

They made it out of the city and were halfway to the farmhouse.

They were walking through one of the smaller towns on the outskirts of the city.

They moved quietly through the streets, it was eight o'clock at night.

That's when the worst possible thing happened.

A monster's arm launched out from an alleyway that none of them had seen.

That wasn't the bad part though.

The bad part was that the arm had hit Atsumu, not completely, but it managed to nick his chest, leaving a long cut where the spike had ripped through his skin.

Sparky began barking frantically as Atsumu fell to the ground and cried out in pain.

"It's an ambush!!" Osamu shouted as he and Sakusa picked Atsumu up from the ground.

They ran quickly as an enormous horde of monsters stepped out of the shadows and into the dim light of the moon.

"Shit!" Komori shouted as he led them in the direction of another alleyway that was clear of monsters.

Atsumu winced, he could feel the infection spreading through his veins and trying to take over his brain.

He let go of Osamu and Sakusa, and dropped to the floor.

They were in the darkness now so the monsters were approaching slowly because they couldn't see the six boys.

"Tsumu, c'mon!" Osamu whisper shouted as he and Sakusa tried to pick Atsumu up again.

Atsumu looked up at them, his eyes were bloodshot and he was shaking violently.

"I'm gonna turn... I-I can feel it, Samu... Ya've gotta run... Make it to the farmhouse, an' survive," he said through gritted teeth.

The veins in his neck turned grey and were popping out of his skin, but he kept his eyes trained on his brother with a steely cold glare.

"Atsu, we can't just leave you here!" Sakusa tried.

Atsumu took a shaky breath, "Yes, ya can, the last thing I want is to turn into one of those things an' kill ya! So go before I fuckin' turn!!" Atsumu shouted angrily.

He reached into his backpack, slowly backing away from Osamu and Sakusa.

He got up slowly and painfully as he put his backpack back on.

His skin was pale and turning grey at this point, the infection was spreading quickly and he could feel it.

He was holding something in his left hand as he picked up his hockey stick with his right hand.

"Tsumu-" Akagi tried.

"Run! Dammit!" Atsumu shouted as he shook the thing in his left hand up and down.

It was then that they realized what it was.

A glow stick.

Atsumu ran out of the alleyway towards the monsters before anyone could stop him.

He hit the hockey stick against a streetlight pole and waved the glow stick around.

"Hey!! Ya fuckin' shit-covered assholes!! Over here!!"

Atsumu shouted at the top of his lungs as the creatures' attentions snapped toward him.

He grinned through the pain as he ran, or limped, in the direction of the city as fast as he could.

The infection was spreading quickly, he had to lead the monsters away or the others would get caught.

Back with the others, Suna was holding Osamu as the latter tried to go after his brother with tears in his eyes.

Sakusa had punched a wall, his fist was bleeding.

Akagi was frozen in shock as he hugged Komori who was rubbing comforting circles on his back.

Sparky was whimpering as he watched the monsters grow smaller and smaller as they disappeared into the distance.

They traveled the next two days in silence as they made it to the farmhouse.

No one spoke of what happened that night.

Especially Sakusa, he went from quiet to not talking at all.

Akagi and Komori had set up a memorial to honor Atsumu and his bravery.

And Osamu...

He felt incomplete.

His brother, his twin, his other half...

Was gone.

And there was nothing that they could do to change that.

Everything was a lot more quiet with out Atsumu there...

Sakusa felt like an idiot for not telling Atsumu about his feelings.

It should have been me...

That's what he told himself.

That was the thought that repeated itself in his head.

Why did Atsumu have to die??
It should have been me...

He felt like he'd failed both Atsumu and Osamu.

He promised that he would protect the younger twin.

But he failed.

And now?

He was stuck in an excessively large farm house grieving the loss of the only person that he'd ever loved.

And he didn't even get to tell him before he turned.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Atsumu went wee✈️
Rest 😴 in spaghetti 🍝 never 🤐 forgetti 💗
Also, enjoy the two chapters in one day because I forgot yesterday's 😅✌️

Anygaysss bye!!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -