Journey

They met up in the living room after Sakusa and Komori got their things ready and changed.

They set off in the direction of Akagi's parents' farm.

They'd decided that traveling at night would be better because there was less of a chance that they'd be seen.

Once again, they were running silently through the monster-infested roads.

Akagi typed the address into his phone and set the GPS.

They followed the directions on screen, and made their way through the city in the darkness of the setting sun.

Sparky seemed to be on high-alert, which made them all quite uneasy, but they carried on anyways.

The creatures were big and lanky, which meant that they stood out and were avoided easily.

It also meant that if you knew how, they could be taken down quite quickly, though it was still difficult.

They made it halfway across the city before they stopped to rest.

They broke into an abandoned grocery store and camped out there for a while.

At the moment, they were sitting in the back of the store in the snack aisle just talking about the situation.

"It's kinda funny how quickly the world deteriorated, hey Omi?" Atsumu was sitting with his head on Sakusa's shoulder.

"Mm... Yeah..." Sakusa replied.

Atsumu chuckled and then sighed, "Stay safe for me, okay Omi-kun?"

Sakusa scoffed, "Says the guy who learned how to kill a monster in not even five hours, and scared me half to death while doing it."

Atsumu laughed, "I just followed my instincts, it was the adrenaline that let me do that," he replied.

Sakusa laughed softly, "Mhm? Sure..."

Sakusa slowly reached over and took Atsumu's hand, intertwining their fingers.

He felt Atsumu sit up.

"Are ya okay, Omi-kun??" He asked, referring to the fact that Sakusa, the guy with a phobia against germs, was holding his hand.

Sakusa sighed and studied the ground that they were sitting on.

He quickly turned his attention elsewhere, trying to distract himself from the thinking about the fact that they were sitting on the dirty and probably germ-infested floor.

He looked up at the ceiling.

The inside of the store was dark due to the whole city's power being cut when the monsters began attacking.

Osamu and Suna were sitting across from them, against the other shelf.
They'd fallen asleep. Osamu had his back against the shelf and was resting his head on Suna's shoulder as the latter leaned his back against the former's chest while sitting in between his legs.

Atsumu and Sakusa were sitting next to each other cross-legged.

And Akagi and Komori were closer to the back of the store, also sleeping.

Komori was sitting cross-legged with his back against the wall while Akagi rested his head on the brunette's lap.

"Omi??" Atsumu called again, breaking Sakusa from his thoughts.

"Hm? Oh- Sorry... I spaced out," Sakusa answered as he turned his gaze towards the blonde.

"Are ya feeling okay?" Atsumu asked worriedly.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, I'm just tired..." Sakusa lied.

In fact, Sakusa wasn't tired at all, he was just processing everything that had happened in the last few hours.

He'd liked Atsumu since the day they'd met and his feelings had only grown stronger since then.

But everything went to shit within the time-span of eight hours.

"If yer tired then sleep," Atsumu said as he motioned for Sakusa to lay his head down on his lap.

Sakusa hesitated for a split second before thinking, "What the hell? It's Atsumu," and laying his head down.

Sakusa exhaled slowly, his head placed on Atsumu's thighs, before wandering if that was what being in heaven felt like.

He smiled softly as Atsumu played with his hair, sleep slowly overcoming him.

Atsumu woke them up at around ten o'clock at night. They were tired but they had to carry on.

Atsumu was the worst out of all of them, he had dark eye-bags and was yawning every few minutes.

It was understandable though, he'd been awake for a good sixteen hours.

The others had only gotten two hours of sleep, but it was enough for them to not be falling asleep on their feet like Atsumu.

They were stocking up on supplies while Atsumu just sat on the floor and played with Sparky.

"Come on, Atsu, we've got to go," Sakusa said as he walked over to Atsumu.

Sparky ran ahead as Atsumu stood up and quickly began to stumble.

Sakusa caught Atsumu before he could lose his balance.

He sighed softly, "Why didn't you sleep?"

Atsumu yawned, "Because then if those monsters attacked while we were sleepin', no one would be awake to warn us," he answered.

Sakusa chuckled lightly, "You have a point," he said.

Sakusa let go of Atsumu and took his backpack off.

Sakusa turned around before crouching down.

"What are ya doing-" Atsumu yawned, "Omi-kun?"

"Come on, I'm going to carry you," Sakusa answered.

Atsumu blinked.

"Come on! We don't have all night!" Sakusa deadpanned.

"Right," Atsumu said as he climbed onto Sakusa's back, "Sorry..."

Sakusa stood up straight as Atsumu rested his head on the taller's shoulder and closed his eyes.

Sakusa smiled softly as Atsumu's breath evened out, "Get some sleep, Atsu... I'll make sure nothing happens to you."

He walked over to the others and handed his bag over to Osamu.

"I see ya've decided to go against my warnin's, eh?" Osamu said as he raised and eyebrow, motioning to Atsumu.

"Uh..." Sakusa struggled to come up with an excuse.

Osamu sighed, "Jus' promise me that you'll take care of him if anythin' happens to me or Kagi," he said as he placed a hand on Sakusa's shoulder.

Sakusa's eyes widened in shock as Osamu looked him dead in the eyes.

A determined expression made its way onto Sakusa's face as he gave Osamu one sharp nod.

"You have my word," Sakusa answered.

Osamu smiled weakly at his best friend.

"Uhm, guys? I hate to cut this short but we're burning moonlight," Komori said awkwardly.

"Don't worry, we're leavin' right now," Osamu replied as he gave one last look at Atsumu before turning and walking towards the door.

And once again, they were quietly running through the streets, making their way towards the farmhouse and their next resting place.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm sorry!! I forgot to update yesterdayy!! But like-
Heh- hehehe- Just a friendly warning that the angst is coming soon 🤗

Anygays, see ya!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -