Monsters

It's been about three months since Suna, Komori and Sakusa met Atsumu and Akagi.

The group was really close, there was never a boring moment between them.

Everyone got along really well.

Atsumu and Akagi had joined the volleyball club, obviously, so some days, Atsumu and Sakusa would stay late after practice to work on spikes and serves while Komori and Akagi would stay late to work on their receives.

Suna and Osamu, being the lazy duo, would sit back and watch them practice.

At the moment, they were sitting in the school cafeteria.

Suna and Osamu were shamelessly flirting with each other while Komori and Akagi were having a pleasant conversation, both of them blushing the entire time, and Atsumu and Sakusa were talking about volleyball and life in general while Sakusa was silently being a simp.

After a while, the bell signalling that it was time for their last class rang, much to the group's displeasure.

Suna and Osamu walked towards their class, which they, fortunately for them, had together.

Atsumu got up and waved goodbye to Sakusa, Komori and Akagi as he walked towards his next class which he had alone.

Komori, Sakusa and Akagi, all having the same class, waved back at Atsumu before going off to their own class.

Sakusa sighed as they entered the class and sat down to listen to the teacher.

Komori and Akagi kept passing notes to each other and giggling.

Sakusa turned towards the window of their second-storey classroom, zoning out as he watched the people down below.

That's when he realised something.

The people who would usually be talking and laughing while they strolled past the school were now screaming and running.

That made Sakusa uncomfortable.

What made him even more uneasy was the fact that they had looks of absolute terror on their faces.

They weren't just running...

They were running away from something.

Realizing this, Sakusa lifted his gaze from the sidewalk down below and towards the city.

He froze.

Everywhere he looked, tendrils of black smoke arose from in-between and around buildings and huge flares of bright orange flames littered the city.

"What the fuck??" Sakusa whispered as he clenched the pen he was holding.

The sky was darkening quickly, the smoke covered the sun, giving it a bloody red colour.

The clouds pulled in and the wind howled, as if something bad was awakening.

Sakusa jolted as a loud screech of pure terror erupted through the hallway.

The screech was followed by three sharp bangs.

Gunshots.

After that, there was silence.

Everyone in the classroom was frozen in place.

The teacher told everyone to stay calm and said that she'd be right back, she was just going to check if everything was alright.

She told them to stay in the classroom and to not go out under any circumstances.

Right after that, she left the classroom, locking the door behind her.