Ch.2

📍Elaina's House
Elaina (1st person pov)
Wednesday, 3:30pm

I'm almost done with my mascara when I quickly glance down in my mirror. The dark red, black, and blue bruise on my neck is unmissable. It's not that I bruise easily, it's that Nate choked me so damn hard. I toss a black hoodie on top of my tank top so it's covered before leaving my bathroom. I grab my bag and phone, and start walking to Fez's

༄ ༄ ༄

I hop onto his porch and knock softly.

"Who is it?" I hear someone yell.

"Lain!" I shout.

The most gangster 13 year old I've ever met opens the door, cigarette in hand.

"Hey, Ash." I nod as I walk in.

"Wassup, Lainey."

"Uh, Fez here?" I ask, turning back to him.

"His room." He locks the door behind me.

I wander into the kitchen and see a very zooted Faye.

"Hey, Faye." I say as I start going up the stairs.

If she wasn't higher than a goddamn kite I'm sure I would've gotten a hi back. I jog up the stairs and go to the rooms at the end of the hall.

I see Fez sitting on the edge of his bed with a blunt in one hand and a phone to his ear in the other. He notices me and slightly smiles.

"I'll call you back, bruh." He says before hanging up the phone.

I drop my bag and take off my shoes as I run over to him. He scoots back so that I'll have space as I straddle his lap. I cup his face in my hands and pull him into a slow kiss, giggling as he falls onto his back.

I gradually start grinding into him as we kiss. He lets out a deep groan, making me squeal when he squeezes my ass. I scoot back a little so he can sit back up. He leans against the headboard as I run my hands up his shirt. He swiftly pulls my sweater off and goes back to kissing me. He begins to kiss my chest and I throw my head back, letting out a moan.

"Wait, what is this?" He stops.

"Mmm, what is what." I hum, continuing the grind.

"Wait wait," he hold my hips still. "What the fuck is this?" He urges.

I look down at him and realize he's staring at my neck. The bruise...shit.

"Oh that's," I scramble to come up with something. "I got burned today with the iron." I lie.

I know I shouldn't lie to him, but I couldn't help it. He wouldn't understand if I told him that that's just how Nate is. It's not a big deal and I don't want him to overreact.

"Your hair is curly." He deadpans.

"Fez, it's nothing." I sigh, giving up on lying.

"There's a fuckin hand print. Who did this, Lainey?"

"Fez-"

"Nah, who the fuck did this shit?" He murmurs, looking closer.

He barely touches the bruise and I wince.

"It's fresh, this wasn't here last fuckin night. Lainey come on now, what the fuck? Who was it?" He pushes me off of his lap and stands up.

"Fez, listen. You're gonna freak out but I swear it isn't a big deal-"

"Who the fuck was is, Lainey!?" He raises his voice, "You're starting to piss me off!"

"...It was Nate." I admit, looking down.

"The fuck?"

"Listen, I was talking shit to him and he got mad and-"

"I don't give a fuck what you said! Hell nah, he's trippin." He starts to pace the room.

"Fez, I don't want this to turn into something." I reason as I slide my hoodie back on.

"Fuck that, man."

"...What are you gonna do?" I ask quietly, playing with my nails.

"Imma deal with it." He nods, looking me in the eyes.

"What do you mean?" I interrogate, really not wanting this to be blown out of proportion.

"Don't worry about it." He says. "Stay here, get some rest, I'll be here when you wake up."

And with that, he walks out. I can tell by the look in his eyes and the tone in his voice, there wasn't any stopping him.

At first, I really did try to mind my business and get some rest, but who was I kidding. I couldn't rest when I knew Fez was frustrated because of me.

I leave the bed and walk into the hallway. These floors creek, so I tip toe down the stairs. I peek around the corner into the kitchen, where I meet eyes with Faye. I put my fingers up to my lips, but she's too stoned to know what's going on anyway. Faye stands up, stumbling before she starts walking toward me. I silently panic, thinking she was gonna expose me, but she's just going upstairs.

"Is he good? He's acting like he had piss in his cereal. God." She slurs and she walks past me.

I watch her leave before turning my attention back to the living room conversation. Him and Ashtray were talking quietly.

"I don't wanna threaten him, I wanna beat his ass. Get him right." Fez says.

"You know I'm never the one for peace, but you sure you wanna go all out? That family crazy as hell, you know?"

"He fucking choked her, bruh. Put his dirty ass hands on my girl. Hell yea I'm sure."

"Alright then, it's a go." Ash shrugs.

Before I could react, Ash enters the kitchen. If he turns his head he'll 100% be able to see me, so I start slowly going back up the stairs. When I make it to the top step, it creaks. I freeze. Ash looks over to me and as soon as we make eye contact, I scurry back to Fez's room; praying that Ash won't say anything.

I hop back in his bed and unlock my phone.

R.E.L GC
Me: Remember what I told you guys what Nate did last night?

Elliot: The tall white asshole?

Rue: Couldn't forget

Me: Fez kind of found out...

Elliot: Drug dealer boyfriend?

Rue: what did he say??

Me: It isn't good...

Rue: ???

Me: Who's house can I come to

Elliot: we're both at mine now, drop by

Me: coming