Ch.10

📍 Elaine's house
Elaine (1st person pov)
Monday, 10:00am

I'm not going to school. Not now. Not tomorrow. Not ever. I'll sit here in my mountain of blankets and pillows and disintegrate.

I pull my MacBook up from the side of my bed and open Netflix. I turn on Breaking Bad. I eat my bbq chips and watch season after season.

Eventually, I go downstairs to get water. I come back up, get under the covers, press play, and watch some more.

I get up to pee and turn down the thermostat. I come back, get under the covers, press play, and watch some more.

༄ ༄ ༄ Tuesday, 1:00pm ༄ ༄ ༄

I woke up later today, but who gives a fuck. Honestly, I wish I would've stayed asleep longer. The quicker the night comes, the better I feel.

I press play on Netflix and watch some more Breaking Bad. Jessie Pinkman. I like Jessie. A drug dealer with a good heart. He reminds me of Fez. I like Fez. A lot.

I go get water. Go pee. And go to sleep.

༄ ༄ ༄ Wednesday, 2:00pm ༄ ༄ ༄

I've officially graduated from Breaking Bad. I didn't finish it, no. But I found another show. The Walking Dead.

I wish I was in a zombie apocalypse. Surviving that would be easier than surviving this. Watching tv shows and eating chips all day to avoid the fact that someone has your life in the palm of their hands. I click play.

༄ ༄ ༄ Thursday, 7:00am ༄ ༄ ༄

I hear that stupid alarm that I've been able to escape for three days now. Today is the day it catches me.

Mom comes home today. I have to go to school today. Just saying that sentance makes me wanna press play on Netflix.

I trudge out of my bed and into the bathroom. I pee, brush my teeth, and throw on a big hoodie. Probably Fez's hoodie. I pull on some black sweats and tie-dye crocs. I throw on my book bag, get my phone, and walk out.

༄ ༄ ༄

I walk into school, and no one says anything. I mean, nothing except whispers about me looking bad. But I couldn't care less. As long as it's about that and only that. And not about my issues or my summer hookup or my kinks.

I pull up my black hood and put my hands in my pockets. It's smooth sailing until I go to my locker. I close the door to see the girl with white hair beside the girl with red lips.

"Oh my god." Kat says when she sees me. "You look like a fucking school shooter." She remarks.

"Where have you been? You okay?" Jules says, in a worried tone.

"I've been sick. Uh, I got a stomach bug. It's really bad." I say. I quickly walk off and away from the two girls.

As I'm walking through the halls, I turn the corner to see the tall brown haired boy. Nate. I immediately lower my head as I walk past him, smelling that familiar cologne that makes me sick. He didn't notice me, which isn't a surprise. I've been MIA for three days, look dead, and have my hood up. I wouldn't even notice me.

As I walk into Spanish, Lexi walks up to me with a paper in her hand.

Oklahoma

"Hey! Have you thought about it?" She asks giddily.

"Thought about what?" I mumble.

"Auditioning for the play. You didn't get my text?" She asks with a confused look.

"Oh, um. Yea I'll think on it. I just have a really bad stomach bug and I don't know if I'm up for it." I lie.

"Oh." She frowns. "Well, get better. Think on it!" She says as she walks away.

I make my way to the back corner seat of Spanish and plant my ass in the cold slab that's meant to be a school chair.

Jules sits beside me and puts her bright bag on the floor.

"So, did you wanna go bowling with Kat and I? You never answered my text."

"I was sick, remember? I'll think about it." I say.

"Oh, alright." She says shrugging and turning back forward.

Elliot then walks in and sits in front of me. He turns his head back to me.

"Where have you been?"

"Didn't feel like coming." I whisper to him.

"You had me worried, I was texting you all this time." He says as he turns back around and kicks his feet onto his desk.

I really should've been checking my texts.

༄ ༄ ༄

The bell rings and I'm the first one out of the building. I get a head start before anyone else walking home, as I don't wanna talk to a single soul.

I've been walking for a while when I get to the familiar fork in the trail to my neighborhood. I usually take right, but today I'm taking left. It's the longer way, but no way in hell am I passing the Jacobs' street.

I walk an extra 5 minutes to get home. Avoiding Nate's house and the park. I let myself in the house to see my mom passed out on the couch again. Good, I didn't wanna talk anyway.