Ch.12

📍Elaine's house
Elaine (1st person pov)
Friday, 11:00am

I do the finishing touches of my makeup and flip the bathroom light off. I pull my white and black bag onto my shoulders and slip into my crocs.

I make sure I have everything before walking out. It's getting colder, so I grab a teddy bear jacket before leaving.

I walk instead of bike because, although it's longer; if I bike, the wind will freeze me to death.

༄ ༄ ༄ 11:30am ༄ ༄ ༄

The bell dings as I walk into the store. Fez is leaning against the storage room door in the back of the store. I walk up to him and give him a kiss. I hold his hands and try to keep it cool, but break immediately.

"Fez, Nate came to my house yesterday and he was saying all of this stuff about getting you under control or he would ruin my life with this really really personal shit that can't ever get out-"

"Woah woah, slow the fuck down." He says, taken aback.

I take a deep breath, trying to stop the tears from falling.
"Nate was in my house yesterday."

"What the fu-"

"But Fez, Fez." I stop him. "Thats not even the important part. He told me what you did to him."

Fez looks down, obvious that he didn't want me to know.

"He told me that if I don't get you under control, he'll ruin my life. He told me to tell you to stay away from him. Fez, he had all this personal shit on me. Like my past issues and mistakes and stuff. I know you're gonna get mad but we both know that he will not hesitate to release it. So I am begging you. Please, please, stay away from him. If not for you, for me."

Fez looks back up at me. I can tell that he's furious, but knows that I'm right.

"Alright. I'll stay away from him. I promise." He says, kissing my forehead.

"Thank you." I whisper as I hug him tightly.

༄ ༄ ༄ 1:00pm ༄ ༄ ༄

I'm sitting on the counter at the front of the store, when the bell rings; signaling someone's walked in. We don't see them at first, as it's around the corner. But as soon as they walk around, we know.

Maddy Perez and Nate Jacobs walk around the corner with their heads held high. As soon as they walk around, I see Ash place his hand on the gun in his waistband. Nate sees this, but isn't fazed. I adjust in my seat and look over to Fez. He doesn't even flinch, just looks at them and continues doing whatever he was doing.

After looking in the store for a while, they come back to us. I tense up again and feel Fez give my thigh a reassuring squeeze.

Maddy leans toward me with a smirk on her face. "Hey, Lainey." She says.

"Hey, Maddy." I say quietly, looking down.

༄ ༄ ༄ Fez's Pov ༄ ༄ ༄

Nate hands me the candy he wants and I check 'em out.

"Can we get those rolling papers you have?" He asks.

"Yea man." I say. I look at Ash and he throws me the papers. I check that out too and tell him his total.

He hands me the $5 bill. I get his change and as he goes to get it, I grab his hand and pull him in. I put my face to his ear.

"Fuck with her again, I'm releasing each and every disc that bitchass dad of yours has. Y'all not as fucking locked down as you think you are." I whisper. I let go of the grip on his hand and lean back.

༄ ༄ ༄ Elaine's POV ༄ ༄ ༄

Fez let's go of Nate's hand and he jerks back. I look at Fez, desperately wanting to know what he said. Nate backs up from Fez and his entire energy changes. He isn't half as confident as he was before, his head isn't high anymore, and that dumbass smirk is wiped off of his face.

"Have a good night." Fez says as they turn to walk away.

It's obvious that Maddy is confused by Nate's change in nature. She looks up at him when they walk out and I hear her faintly say.

"What's wrong?"

She gets no answer. How could she be with him?

I know I'm not gonna get an answer, so I just don't ask Fez what he said. I just grabbed his arm and scooted closer to him, planting a kiss on his neck.

༄ ༄ ༄ 6:00pm ༄ ༄ ༄

I pat Ash on the back and give Fez a kiss before I walk out of the store. It's not dark, so Fez let's me walk home alone. I think I'm safer from Nate with whatever Fez said to him.

I walk home feeling confident the whole time. The look on Nate's face after today was so fucking satisfying. Whatever Fez said, it's obvious it scared him just as much as what he said scared me.

I make it home before my mom, luckily. I get undressed, shower, hop under the covers, and click play on The Walking Dead. This time, I don't want everything outside of these covers to disappear. That's progress.