Chapter 1: Check up

𝟐𝟔°𝟏𝟏❜𝐀𝐆❞ 𝐍 𝟕𝟏°𝟏𝟎❜𝐖𝐘❞ 𝐖
Sage's spine shivered as she ran through "Spawn" to "B windows." Was it apprehension? or because of the sea breeze...or both. "Sova, opponents position," Sage asked her Russian comrade over the line.
"spike has been planted on Bravo 2 guys guarding it and one other at A engaging with Jett an-"
"Make that zero" Jett intervenes
" Well ok " sage says chuckling.
With her Marshal peering through the window, she notices a figure leaning against the wall. *bang* The enemy temple is pierced by a bullet. Sage says, "Unavoidable."
Sova reported, "I've taken out the last person."

"Great, now we just have to disarm the spike and we'll be set to go." Jett says
"I'll do it and you guys should re-survey the area and get out of the blast radius if I can't disarm it in time," Sage command.
"Don't say such things...let either of us do it because if things go wrong, you can easily revive us," Jett exclaims. "I concur," Sova remarked.
" RETREAT!! it's an ORDER" Sage exclaims as she approaches the spike and begins diffusing it. "Bu-but-" Jett attempted to speak up but was cut off by Sova "Roger... we'll be waiting for you at the boat" Sage hums, her gaze fixed on the spike.
'Damn these new spikes take a lot more heat' Sage thought as her heartbeat increased in tandem with the spike's escalating beeping. "I will not die here," she said, disabling the spike.
*************
"Imagine coming to the beach and not being able to enjoy yourself," Jett grumbles, "curse those Kingdom guys and their pathetic schemes." Sova responds, "Haha well we can't do anything about it anyway good work today you guys can rest and enjoy the rest of the day I'll do the mission report" Sage winks at her teammates, "Thank you" "You're the best."

They arrived at Valorant HQ after a few hours of travel. At the coast, a few images could be seen waiting. Brimstone greets them as soon as they step foot on land "You three did an excellent job at breeze. For the time being, you can relax; I'll be waiting for the report in 30 minutes "..."I'll be the one doing it, sir, and let's just get started now and get it over with," Sage responds. "Ok I don't see any problem with that"

They continue to move towards building, Phoenix and Omen could be seen at distance "Eyy Jett, over here". Jett spots Phoenix and dash towards him landing in his arms "Did you miss me pretty boy?" Jett asked with a smirk. " You give meaning to my life, so yeah." Phoenix teased as he kissed her on the forehead. Jett couldn't help but blush. "Get a room, you two."Sova joke. "Let them enjoy...and we should go and enjoy as well," omen said hoarsely. Sova smiled sheepishly as they walked away, their hands clasped.

 Sova smiled sheepishly as they walked away, their hands clasped

Sage smiled weakly as she looked at the couples...she felt kinda lonely because no one was awaiting her return. A gloomy feeling overtook her. They continued walking
********
"That's all," Sage said as the meeting ended. "I appreciate your efforts, agent" Brimstone says. "Enough formality for today," Sage sighed, "Haha you may now depart and rest." Sage noticed Brimstone's exhausted tone and said, "I think you need a break more than me.. fatigue and stress from all the hefty work can be seen on your face", "with all the work and my duty, I don't think I can," Brimstone replied. "If you are not gonna listen to your friend, I'm going to have to appoint you as your doctor." Sage responded, her fists crossed and a little disgruntled expression on her face "Don't worry, I can get you a week or two leave with my power...at the very least, I can do this for a buddy," Sage added quietly, smirking.

Sage entered her clinic and sat in her chair, looking over the day's schedule. 'Sh*t, today was everyone's monthly checkup... i completely forgot,' Sage thought as she took a big breath, "such a busy day," she said.

The day was almost over and so was Sage's work; she had already ask and talked to other agents and recruit if they're hurt or unwell, or she hoped not but maybe have war neurosis but they all seemed fine, some were hurt like raze working on her bot so sage used her jade orb to heal her. Now she was standing in front of the laboratory of her last pateint(?),
Viper.

------------------------------------------
This is my first work hope you'll like it I wrote the first chap without any clue where I will go with this story so you'll not see any key point, but now I know it's a sagebean story I will try to update atleast 1 chap / week.
Thank you.

Phoenix x jett photo credit :- https://www.tumgir.com/sephirakira