Chapter 14 - Hogsmeade

Hogsmeade

Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Hermione returned to Hogwarts on New Years Eve. They arrived in McGongall's fireplace in the early morning.

Though McGonagall had known they'd be coming, she jumped when Harry first stumbled into her office.

"Potter!" McGonagall snapped.

"Sorry, Professor," he said standing up straight and brushing himself off. Just as he had set his glasses straight, Ginny came with a burst of green flames. The force of Flooing caused her to fly forward, knocking Harry off his feet as she toppled on top of him.

"Oh–I'm sorry!" she said, laughing.

Harry rolled her our of the way of the fireplace and held himself above her. "Believe me, it's alright," he said kissing her eyelids.

A throat cleared. Harry groaned and reluctantly stood up. He took Ginny's hand and pulled her to her feet.

Then, Ron stumbled out of the fireplace and fell to the floor with a loud thump. Hermione came last and most gracefully. She walked out without losing balance at all.

She looked down at Ron with a mixture of mockery and amusement.

"Er, Harry tripped me?" Ron said sheepishly.

By the time Hermione had helped Ron to his feet, McGonagall was looking irritated. "I trust you realize this is the last time you'll be leaving or returning to Hogwarts through that fireplace."

"Well, Professor, seeing as it is our seventh year and we're not going home for Easter, I'd say that's a very probable assumption," Ron said conversationally.

Harry saw Dumbledore's eyes twinkle from his portrait. Then he glanced back at McGonagall and saw the look of great annoyance etched upon her face and said, "Right, well see you, Professors. Happy holidays."

The four strode out of the room and down the revolving staircase.

"What now?" Ron said.

They all shrugged.

"Hey!" Hermione said so suddenly Ron jumped. "Isn't it a Hogsmeade day?"

They hurried to the common room and found Neville sitting in an armchair, looking grumpy.

"Is it a Hogsmeade day, Neville?" Hermione asked excitedly.

"Yes," Neville said shortly,

"What's up?" Harry asked sitting in a chair across from him.

"Nothing," he snapped.

"Oh, okay."

No one spoke for a couple of moments. "Alright, fine!" Neville burst as though the lot of them had been pestering him about it persistently. "Luna won't got to Hogsmeade with me. She says it'll be infested with Bubbling Humdingers and doesn't want to risk it."

"You can come with us," Hermone said, hitting Ron who was snorting with laughter.

"No, thanks," Neville said. "You guys want to be alone, I know. It's alright."

"Really, Neville," Ginny said as she sat down on the arm of Harry's chair, "you should come!"

"No," he said stubbornly.

"Then go find Luna and spend the day with her in the castle," Hermione said eagerly.

"Maybe."

"Alright, well see you, then, Neville," said Ron, pulling on his hat and gloves.