Chapter 4 - Diagon Alley

Diagon Alley

"Don't be silly!" Mrs. Weasley said quickly. "He would have loved for you to be Head Girl!"

"Yeah, Gin, the only people Fred and George would tease about that would be me or Percy," Ron comforted.

Ginny nodded, "Well, they've got good reason there."

They all laughed.

"Congratulations!" Hermione said, hugging her afterMrs. Weasley had finally let go. "I really wish I could come with you now and celebrate–but I've really got to go get my parents..."

"Go ahead, it's not that big of a deal anyway."

Hermione nodded and Ron and her left the kitchen door to the outside.

"Good luck," Harry called after them.

"Well," Mrs. Weasley said happily, "have you had enough to eat? Oh, Ginny, we must get you a present today! Goodness me–another Head in the family! That's three!" Mrs. Weasley ran out of the room, all a dither.

Ginny looked at Harry and rolled her eyes. "Fred really would've been disappointed. He always said he wouldn't be able to stand another Head or Prefect in the house."

"Ginny–" Harry said, stepping closer to her, "he was always so protective of you–even when you didn't want it. You were one of the few in this family that Fred and George almost never made fun of."

"Yeah, you are right. They always seemed to get the most joy out of Ron," she said, a reminiscent gleam in her eye.

Harry laughed, "Can you blame 'em?"

Mrs. Weasley rushed in, carrying her handbag and Teddy. "Well come on, then!" She rushed back into the living room.

Harry and Ginny followed, "Er– Mrs. Weasley, aren't we Apparating?"

"Oh, no, no. That would be quite foolish, taking a baby along. We're Flooing."

"Right."

Mrs. Weasley took a pinch of the grayish powder that was in a cup above the mantle. She stepped into the fireplace, with Teddy on her hip. She threw the powder down and yelled, "The Leaky Cauldron." Green flames burst all around her and she was gone.

Ginny followed her and then Harry.

Harry spun and spun. Fire place after fire place flashed before his eyes and then he stopped abruptly. He stumbled out of the fire and into a dark, musty room. There was an immediate surge of applause. As Harry walked forward he realized the clapping was for him. People were rushing forward, thanking him, clapping him on the back, shaking his hand and cheering. Then Harry realized this was the first time he had made a public appearance since the Final Battle where he finished off Voldemort for good. Harry never appreciated the peace and quiet of the Burrow so much before.

He was being shunted this way and that. People kept saying things like: "Such an honor, Mr. Potter"; "You can't believe how pleased I am to meet you, Mr. Potter"; "So brave– thank you so much!" "Harry Potter! I'm actually meeting Harry Potter!"

Then he heard a familiar, booming voice, "Hey! Leave him alone! Get back, yeh scoundrels! Let 'im breath!"

Harry turned on the spot, and grinning, looked up into the face of Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts.

"Hagrid!"

"Alright there, Harry?"

A soft hand grabbed his elbow and pulled him, he followed obediently but called, "Hagrid! This way!"