Chapter 3 - Plans For The Future

Plans For the Future

"Oh, thank you, Mum!" Ginny jumped across to her mother, hugging her tight.

Harry got up and hugged her too, Teddy still in his arms. "Thanks, Mrs. Weasley."

"Harry, dear, you might as well get used to calling me mum," Mrs. Weasley said, patting his cheek. "You've been a son to Arthur and I for years."

Harry swallowed, not trusting himself enough to not ruin the moment if he opened his mouth. Finally, he said thickly, "Thanks."

"Now, remember, Mum," Ginny said quickly. "You can't tell anyone! Promise us."

"Oh, Ginny, I can't do that," Mrs. Weasley said.

"What!" Ginny exclaimed.

Just then, Bill and Fleur walked into the room. "What's going on in here?" Bill asked, his arm draped around Fleur's waist.

"Oh, Ginny and Harry were just–," Ginny sent her mother a pleading look, "were just telling me they're planning on returning to Hogwarts."

Ginny sighed, closing her eyes.

"Oh, yeah. Ron and Hermione said that too."

"I theenk eet eez a very good decision," Fleur said. "They should feenish their education before they do anytheeng else."

"Well said, Fleur, well said," Mrs. Weasley said distractedly. "Now would you two mind helping me finish dinner?"

Bill and Fleur followed Mrs. Weasley out of the room, going to set the table.

Harry sank into one of the cushioned chairs and Ginny collapsed in his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. "That was close," she whispered on his lips, kissing him deeply. Teddy began tugging on Ginny's hair and Harry's shirt. They laughed, their lips still moving against each others.

Finally, Teddy let out an impatient wail and Ginny pulled away, kissing the little boy's lime green hair. "See, Teddy Weddy?" she smiled. "It's all okay."

"Better than okay," Harry murmured against her skin, and she pushed her lips to his again.

This time, a throat cleared loudly in their ears. Ginny kept at his lips, but Harry pulled away, grinning.

"Could you not do that?" Ron asked loudly, sinking into a chair across from them. Hermione sat beside him.

"Fine, Ronald. I wont snog Harry, you keep your hands off Hermione. How's that?"

Ron glowered. "Fine. Just don't do it in public."

"I'll do it wherever I want," Ginny said heatedly.

Ron groaned. "Fine," he growled.

Harry and Hermione watched in amusement.

"So how did your...talk go over?" Hermione asked the two of them with a smirk. Harry wished she would stop hinting the way she did. Ron wasn't that stupid. Then again...

"Fine," Ginny said shortly. Hermione smiled.

Before Ron could ask any questions, they heard the back door open and the sound of many voices and shuffling feet filled their ears. Kingsley Shacklebolt's deep voice was heard above the rest.

Soon, the whole crowd was cluttered around the Weasley's long dining table, taking part in small chit-chat, and passing around the food. After things had settled down, Kingsley Shacklebolt's deep voice could be heard all the way down the table as he addressed Harry.