Chapter 8

~C.C.P.D~

(Barry's Pov)

"Human DNA?" Patty asked.

"Yup, definitely not a man-shark. Not even a land shark, Ma'am."

"Well, thanks for testing it for me."

"Yeah.What are you gonna do now? "

Patty was fidgeting around like she was nervous, which usually she's bubbly and confident so this was a new thing. "I don't know, probably file it under "never gonna happen." I have another case anyway."

I know Maya has voiced her concerns of Patty and now I'm more aware of her advances but I like helping on chases... especially Meta ones, "Oh, anything I can help you with?"

"No, no, no, no, Detective said definitely n-not."

What why would Joe not want me to work on a chase.

"Is everything all good?"

"Sure, why?" Patty nervously chuckled.

I laugh, "I don't know, you're just acting kind of different. "

"No! No. I'm the same old P. Spivot, you know? What--actually, I have to go, but thank you so much for testing this, and I'll see you."

"Okay, I--"

***

After that conversation with Patty I walked over to Joe's desk because there's definitely something up. If I have to Scooby this crap (A/N: strange before breaking the multiverse for petter) with Maya I will. I don't like being kept out of the loop anymore.

"Yo, Joe."

"Hey."

"You good? Everything all right?"

Joe looks up from his resting position looking defeated,"Yeah. No, I'm-- just had hell of a day."

"Yeah?"

Joe sighs, "Iris's mother, she told me she was dying. Yeah, and I know Francine. She's telling the truth about this."

"Okay. Does Iris know?"

"Not yet."

"Did-- did you need something?"

"Uh, no, no. I just, um... "

I could tell how bad Joe wanted to change the subject so I did. "Patty said you that you don't want me and Maya on some case that she's on with you."

Joe looked shocked at my statement, "No. I was checking out a lead. I'll let you know."

I decided to ignore it for now but definitely coming back to it, "All right, cool."

"What is up with you and my partner, anyway?"

I laughed nervously, grabbing the back of my neck, "Come on, I--"

"Bar, she can't take her eyes off you."

Oh great so he noticed it too. How come I couldn't see any the signs. If I was in Maya's I would never want to speak to me again... but she's her and even though she's a little skeptical she forgave me.

"I don't know what you want me to tell you. I mean, she's great, you know. We have a lot in common, but-- "But, um." I don't know. She's not Maya, I guess and Me and Maya are getting serious."

"Right. You've known Maya since you were ten. You've been in love with her since forever. I mean, you two are friends now, but she was your first love. You're never gonna feel the same about anybody else, and I'm glad you finally made a move. Invite me to the wedding."