Chapter 6

~At a Bar~

(Nobody's Pov)

Maya and Barry went to a bar that Snart frequents hoping they could talk to him even after both of them getting hit in the head with the cold gun. As they walked through the doors, Barry and Maya scanned the room until Maya comes across a person sitting directly at bar with a blue puffer jacket with white/grey fur on the edging of the hood.

Yeah that was Snart alright.

"Back from the dead so soon," Snart said to Maya and Barry as they were walking up to him. "Barry? Pass me the salt. Don't spill. It's bad luck."

"Why are you working with Lewis? Lisa told us you hate him," Barry asked.

"Things are... complicated with family, as you know with your own parents, hmm?"

"Tell us what's going on. Let us help you," Maya added.

"Don't waste your time trying to save people who don't want to be saved."

Barry now getting frustrated, "Yeah, well, maybe it's not just about you, all right? I'm betting whatever you two are up to, innocent people are gonna get hurt."

"Don't worry, I remember our deal. You leave me alone, I make sure no one dies. All right. "

"You're a criminal, Snart, but you live by a code. It sounds to me like Lewis doesn't, like he won't care if people die," Maya said.

"That's why I can't leave this alone. Then everyone will know who The Flash is under that mask."

Maya falters a little at that mention. If everyone knew Barry was the Flash their life would get really hectic real fast. Not only because he's the flash but once people put that together it's a matter of time before they catch on to Maya too. They do not need the crazies showing up at their front door.

"I don't care. I will take you down anyway. Both of you," Barry huffed.

"We'll see about that."

***

(Snart's Pov)

"We make our move at 9:00. That's when the cleaning crews go in and the daytime shift leaves. Now we'll go up in the service elevator to the 27th floor. They got a two-man team of armed guards working the 27th through 29th floor, but if we time it perfectly with their shift change, we should be able to get in and out."

"And if the timing doesn't work out?" One of my henchmen asked.

" Then those guards don't make it home," My dad said. Damn it. He's really going raise my blood pressure. I don't like his attitude towards this heist.

"But if we start on the top floor, there's a service elevator that will--"

"Son, you and I both know that there's casualties in this line of work. Rutenberg, you're the tech guy. Did you find a solution for the vault hallway?"

"Not yet. That Draycon Systems keypad's gonna be a problem."

My dad chuckles, "Fine. "

***

~Scene of the crime~

"It's almost like the head was blown off," Maya said while examine the body.

"Like a meta-human who can explode heads, right?" Sigh asked.

"Not necessarily."

A beeping noise goes off from Barry's direction, "Traces of thermite."

"bomb residue?" Joe asked.

"Uh-huh," Barry replied.

"But then why wasn't the rest of the body blown apart?" Patty asked beating Maya to the punch.