11

A/N: This chapter is for UniPro1224 who was mad at me for last chapter. Hope you don't want to kill me this time 😏😃

"Niall!"

Harry crouches down next to him. He has a pulse... but just barely.

"Niall! Niall, can you hear me?"

Suddenly, the door flies open as Louis bursts in.

"Harry! I heard a scream. What happened?"

"My roommate, Niall... someone attacked him!"

"What?" Louis asks shocked.

Louis kneels down next to Niall. He examines the wound and anger flares in his eyes.

"We have to call 9-1-1," Harry says urgently.

"That won't help," Louis replies.

"What? Why?" Harry asks, "Did The Baron's men do this?"

"It's possible. He could have sent someone here looking for you..." Louis says.

"And they found Niall instead."

"Whoever did this... they'll pay. I'll see to it myself," Louis says angrily.

Niall gurgles weakly, his hand twitching.

"I'm sorry, Harry. He's leaving us," Louis says sympathetically.

"No! Do something! Help him!" Harry says desperately.

Harry clutches at Louis' suit, but he refuses to meet Harry's eyes.

"I'm afraid it's too late. By the time an ambulance gets here, she'll be gone," Louis says sadly.

Harry reaches down and squeezes Niall's hand, tears stinging his eyes. This isn't right. This can't happen. And Harry knows there's only one choice.

"Then... turn him. You can do that, right? Make him a vampire?"

Louis turns away and says, "I... I shouldn't."

"Why the hell not?"

"It's against the Pact. There are no openings in my Clan, and he hasn't been approved by the Council..."

"Fuck the Council! He's my best friend!" Harry says angrily.

"Harry, I know it's difficult but..."

"Louis, please, I'm begging you..." Harry says desperately.

Niall's breath rattles again, and Harry leans over him, touching his cheek, tears streaming down his face.

"Please, Niall, don't die... Don't die," Harry cries, "I love you so much... I couldn't have even survived the last few months without you."

Louis puts a hand gently on Harry's shoulder.

"Please...? Please don't let him die..."

Louis takes a deep breath. Harry can see an eternity in his eyes... centuries of pain and loss... the toll it's taken...

"All right," Louis agrees.

Louis takes off his coat and kneels down next to Niall.

"Understand... by doing this, I am plunging all of us into a world of danger..." Louis says glancing over at Harry to see him nod.

"Just save him. Please."

Louis closes his eyes and breathes deeply, like he's gathering himself. His fangs descend and when he opens his eyes he says two words only.