Chapter 21

I removed my beard and wig as I got ready for bed. I thought to text Vlad and ask if he was ok... I was worried about him. I kept telling myself that he was an adult and that he can manage himself. around 11:15 as I was about to turn off the lights I got a phone call from tum-tum.

(Phone) Shawn: hey tum-tum! what's up?

(Phone) Ranger: uhh your so-called idol DJ is at the house.

(Phone) Shawn: what?! he's there?!

(Phone) Ranger: yeah, he asked if he could stay the night, something happened? are you ok?

(Phone) Shawn: I'm perfectly alright. Vlad's mother is visiting and the two of them don't see eye to eye. Vlad left the house to get some distance from her.

(Phone) Ranger: gotcha. have you eaten?

(Phone) Shawn: yes. you?

(Phone) Ranger: I ate at the office.

(Phone) Shawn: I'll sleep now. take care of him tum-tum. he wasn't exactly a happy camper when he stormed out of the house. don't tell him I know he's at my place as of now. and you don't stay up all night.

(Phone) Ranger: yeah yeah

(Phone) Shawn: where is he now? asleep?

(Phone) Ranger: he's using the bathroom. take care kiddo.

I hung up the phone feeling relieved that he was somewhere safe. I was surprised that he'd still go to my house even though I wasn't there. I'm glad he did. I could sleep in peace knowing he's safe.

Vladimir's point of view

I drove off so angry that I had no idea where I was going? how dare she?! why on earth is mother setting me up with one of her friend's daughters?! isn't Ivan more suitable for such tasks or is she not involving Ivan because of his condition? either way she doesn't care about me like she does Ivan, so she needs to stay out of my life! I drove around without a purpose, and I was getting tired of it. I was too stubborn to return to the house, so I kept on driving. I drove around in circle not sure what I was doing myself... I heard the police sirens go off which startled me! I looked through my mirror to see that they were tailing me. I pulled over to the side and saw from my side mirror that one of them was getting out. I rolled down the window with my driver's license ready in hand. what a drag!

(Talking into a walkie talkie) ?: suspect has pulled over.

The officer approaches my window. I gasp.

Ranger: Vladimir?

Vladimir: tum- I mean ranger sir?

Ranger: I was wondering who it was.

Vladimir: you're a cop?

Ranger: uhhh yeah, I do more detective work than patrolling. the Lambo looked familiar, but I had to be sure.

Vladimir: so, are we good?

Ranger: oh yeah, but what are you doing out so late?

Vladimir: oh, uhh nothing really. wanted to get my mind off of stuff.

Ranger: everything ok? is Shawn, ok?

Vladimir: yes, yes all is well. no need to worry.

Ranger: hurry and get home then. I'll head back to the station and get my actual car. night Vladimir.

Vladimir: night sir.

He spoke into his walkie talkie while heading back to the car and drove off. that's strange Shawn never told me that his guardian was a detective. I drove towards Shawn's house. once I reached, I parked in the driveway and sat at the doorstep waiting patiently for ranger to arrive. I wanted to stay the night at Shawn's place... I know it was rude to intrude but I felt comfortable at his place. I saw his car pull up into the driveway. he got out of the car with a laptop bag and a couple of folders.