Chapter 1

Assistant: I welcome you all to the Dracc household. there are about 100 of you trying out for this job. let me remind you that this won't be an easy task and that our master is very...spirited. only 20 of you will be selected. each of you will be giving a 20 questions quiz to see how well you know our master. anything below an 85 will be rejected. please proceed to the ballroom.

I clenched my fists tight feeling the pressure. I began to break a sweat, so I started fidgeting with my tie. I pulled it back and forth to loosen it. how did guys wear these?! I felt suffocated. I kept my head down low as we walked one by one into the ballroom. I heard a couple of guys ahead of me wrestling with each other playfully. the guys behind me were either talking amongst themselves or were on their phones. I gulped...would I be able to pull this off for real?? we all moved slowly into the ballroom and took our seats. there was a pen and sheet of paper in front of us with questions on it.

Assistant: quickly everyone, settle down. as some of you can already see there is a sheet of paper in front of you with a total of 20 questions front and back. they are simple questions, answer them to the best of your ability. cameras have been placed in this room so you can forget about cheating. the master's bodyguards will be invigilating as well. we will begin once everyone has taken their seats. till then do not answer the questions.

I twirled the pen in hand waiting for the well-dressed assistant to allow us to start. I read some of the questions in my head and started scanning my brain. remembering each magazine article, each television interview and each newspaper celebrity column I started eliminating one answer choice at a time until I could settle for the best answer.

Assistant: you have 20 minutes to finish. all the best. you may start.

There were 100 participants, the seating arrangement was such that all 100 of us sat perfectly on two long and large tables. there was a person sitting across from us each. I was late in realizing that the test had already begun. I rushed through the first ten questions. the questions were very ordinary and straightforward, but when I recalled the information, it was very contraindicating...what is DJ Drac's favorite type of pie? was it apple, pecan, blueberry or strawberry? if I recalled correctly three website articles and one newspaper column mentioned he liked strawberry but on a cooking show he guest stared in he requested for apple... I went with strawberry in the end. the bodyguards circled around us silently. anyone who was cheating was made to leave the room without an argument. I turned to start on the back page. I finished the last question in time. there was a loud bullhorn that sounded off that startled all of us. we looked up to see... him!

assistant: please place your pens down and make your way back to the main hall. your results will be announced in 5 minutes.

there seemed to be fewer participants than 100, around 75 maybe? he and his assistant followed us into the main hall. my eyes were glued to him, and I knew my mouth was forming into a big O. he was so handsome in real life... 5'9 with a slender body and intoxicating green eyes. he wore all black which made his skin look much fairer. he had wavy brown hair that reached the back of his neck that he kept in a ponytail... I could feel the excitement consuming my body! his long designer jacket covered his arms, otherwise I would have definitely been able to spot his mother's name tattooed on his left forearm. each finger except his left ring finger was covered in fancy and expensive looking rings. the fan girl inside of me wanted to come out.

(squealing) ?: ahhhhhhh! it's Vladimir drake!!

the whispers and chattering that was carrying on before was gone now. Vladimir raised an eyebrow. his eyes began to search the hall for me...

Vladimir: who said that?

as if it was his command the men around me split as if they were the great sea of Egypt. there I was standing in the center with his eyes on me. he motioned with his index finger to come forward. I gulped hard and slowly made my way over to him. I was feeling scared and excited all at once, being able to meet my favorite music artist in person was so overwhelming. I stood before him, and he eyed me up and down. he raised an eyebrow.

Vladimir: who are you?

?: my name is shar-ahh- Shawn.

Vladimir: sharashawn?

Shawn: just Shawn

Vladimir: Shawn what?

(stutter) Shawn: shawn-shawn....Shawn rose.

Vladimir: bring me Shawn rose's paper.

his assistant was immediately handed a sheet of paper that looked like mine. Vladimir snatched the paper out of his assistant's hands. I watched as his eyes quickly scanned the front page and then flipped to the back page. he looked up at me with a blank face.

Vladimir: you've answered them all wrong.

Shawn: that can't be?! I'm your big-

I cut myself off from saying anything else. but how was this possible?! I didn't get a single answer, right? I know almost everything about Vladimir! he continued to study my face in silence. what's gonna happen now?

Vladimir: Ronin, hire this guy.

Ronin: m-master? are you sure?

Vladimir: you're my assistant, you do as I say. I want him hired.

without a word he climbed up the stairs purposely skipping every other step. I watched with awe. I wanted to squeal again but I kept control. I looked over at ronin and bowed happily.

(big smile) Shawn: I'm Shawn rose and I can't wait to begin working here.