Chapter 3

Ranger: kid, I still don't get what your fascination for this guy is all about. why do you wanna help him so badly? what does he need help with exactly?

Sharon: he's going on a 3-month break at the Drac mansion. he said in an interview that he's taking this break to create new music.

Ranger: how are you going to help?

Sharon: I wanna work at his mansion as his servant, in any way possible to help him get closer to his goal.

(Shakes his head) ranger: you have lost your marbles.

Three days later

After two full days of annoying the crap out of tum-tum he reluctantly agreed to my request. we went to the doctor for my physical and tum-tum explained to the doctor that I was going into an undercover mission that required me to disguise myself as a male. the doctor didn't ask many questions after tum-tum flashed his badge in his face. tum-tum talked only the needful amount with the doctor and just like that the doctor gave me two copies of my reports. one with my real gender and one with my fake. tum-tum made my doctor sign a document saying he would keep all police business confidential. I know I was asking too much of tum-tum and that if people found out he and I could seriously get into trouble. he kept telling me this is a bad idea, but my mind was made up. I wouldn't let anybody in that house find out that I was a woman. I would not cause any trouble for tum-tum.

Sharon: I need to go shopping tum-tum.

Ranger: so?

Sharon: drive me there. I can't bring back all the stuff on my bike.

Ranger: your 21 and you still don't have a driver's license!

Sharon: I have a permit, that's close enough.

Ranger: instead of chasing celebrities, you should chase after your license.

I rolled my eyes at him.

Sharon: I need boxers or briefs whichever is manly. then I'll need chest binders I only have one I'll need at least 3 more.

Ranger: briefs??

Sharon: ok briefs it is!

Ranger: no. no. I mean what in the hell do you need to buy men's underwear for?

Sharon: well, I can't be roaming around men with frilly and lace underwear.

Ranger: you're staying at the mansion?!?!?!?!

Sharon: yeah. the assistant called me not to long after the doctor's visit. he said all new employees have to stay at the mansion till Vladimir leaves.

Ranger: you're going to be the death of me!!!!

Sharon: please don't say such things. are you taking me shopping or not?! I have to move in to the Drac house day after tomorrow.

Ranger: alright kiddo. let's go...

Sharon: oh, and make it a habit of calling me Shawn. if ever you and Vladimir meet face to face you shouldn't reveal my true identity.

Ranger: are you seriously telling a cop how to do his job?

Sharon: oh and I'll need more make up! and a couple of wigs.

(Sarcastic) ranger: great, next you're going to say I need you to refill your prescription for contacts.

I give him my undeniable puppy dog eyes and he lets out a long sigh. normally I wear glasses, but the more I didn't resemble my true self the better. we stocked up on all the items I'd need to survive in a household full of men.

Ranger: how come there aren't any maids at the Drac mansion?

Sharon: I don't know...

Ranger: is he uh well you know a fruit cake?

Sharon: NO! he's not gay! he's had his fair share of women.

When we reached home from our shopping tum-tum was helping me pack everything.

Ranger: remember don't say "your being mean" or "jerk" that's not very manly. guys say things like "dick" and "dipshit" remember there is no such thing as "making love" it's just called "sex"

(Taking notes) Sharon: got it.

Ranger: if any guy dare touches you wrongly you better beat the flying fudge out of him. I've taught you self-defense use it!

(Nods her head) Sharon: yes tum-tum.

Ranger: and then you notify me immediately.

(Shakes her head) Sharon: no tum-tum.

Ranger: what no?!

Sharon: don't worry so much. your kiddo is one tough cookie.

Tum-tum rubs my head to the point a few hair strands were standing up right. I gave tum-tum a hug, I stayed like that for a while, he didn't like to show affection that often. he patted my back twice before pushing me away.

Ranger: don't worry about shaving. guys have ton of body hair anyway. if your gonna but on face masks and all that, do it in your bathroom, don't come out till it's done.

Sharon: tum-tum! stop overthinking.

Ranger: how can I not think? I'm sending my daughter into a den full of men.

Sharon: what did you just say?

Ranger: how can I not think?

Sharon: no after that.

Ranger: den full of men?

Sharon: tum-tum!!!

I kiss tum-tum on the cheek and smile at him greatly. it's been so long since I've heard him say "daughter" to me. last time he said it he was bawling his eyes out at my high school graduation. the next day I was wearing jeans and a graphic tee that said "if nothing goes right, go left." Vladimir's assistant said we'd get our uniforms when we came in the morning. tum-tum dropped me off at the front gate of the mansion before going reporting to work. he helped me unload my suitcase and big backpack. we didn't hug or anything just an ordinary handshake before I walked off. I didn't look back to wave because tum-tum said it wasn't manly unless it was for a girlfriend or wife.