Chapter 21

A week passed and Sherlock and Molly once again existed in perfect harmony, though now there were many more stolen kisses and loving moments. Sherlock was very surprised at how hard he found it to keep his hands off Molly at school. Obviously, they both kept it strictly professional, not letting on anything more than the friendship they had previously established. Hellos, goodbyes, notes on paperwork and friendly chats when on break duty together. Their moments of solace and solitude came at lunchtime when they stole away to their place, a place where they could be him and her and everything in between. The weather of exam season lent itself nicely to their picnic lunches and open field kisses. They enjoyed it while they could as they both recognised their lunchtimes would soon be overrun with revision sessions and nervous students. They didn't mind though, one of the gratifying things about being a teacher was guiding your students through their final exams and opening up a future for them. And they would still have their evenings to spend time together, evenings where Loo would stay hostage to her room - mainly to revise, but also to allow her sister the time for herself she deserved. Molly was just thankful Loo wasn't too freaked out by the whole thing.

Friday night rolled around quickly and Molly once again found herself following Sherlock up the street towards the Watson house. She was looking forward to seeing Mary and John again, and little Rosie. The past week had gone by so quickly that she hadn't had the chance to speak to Mary again since their last disastrous dinner. Hopefully this time Molly would get the chance to actually get to know the couple and perhaps become their proper friend herself. She loved being Sherlock's plus one, and she loved Sherlock. But she figured only having your boyfriend and a few work colleagues to call your friends was a bit sad. Sherlock suddenly stopped in front of her, a look of shocking realisation plastered on his face. She couldn't help but laugh a bit, his chiselled face was so animated at times.

"Sherlock, you okay?"

"Molly, something just occurred to me. And I feel I must apologise for it in advance."

"Right?" Molly drew out the word, questions lying beneath her tone.

"In the eventfulness and pure bliss of the last week," he smiled and kissed her softly before looking her in the eyes again, "I may have forgotten to tell John and Mary what happened."

"So, what you're saying is that they don't know about us?"

"Not necessarily. It's just that, well- they may think we haven't spoken to each other since the events of last week."

She rolled her eyes at him for once. "Sherlock Holmes, I hope you know how impossible you can be sometimes."

"Yes, I am aware. But I was thinking we could use their lack of knowledge to our advantage."

He wiggled his eyebrows at her as she raised one of hers at him, tilting her head to the side in that endearing way. He smiled, it seemed he could do nothing but smile when looking at her.

"What are you suggesting?"

"We successfully pranked Loo, maybe we could pull John's leg a bit as well?"

She shook her head and pushed him onwards. When they got to the Watson's door, Sherlock ushered her to the side so she would be out of sight before winking at her and then changing his expression to one of forlorn sadness. He raised his fist and knocked slowly. John opened the door with Rosie on his hip, his smile quickly faded when he saw Sherlock's face. Rosie reached her arms out to her godfather but John put his hands on hers.

"Not now, Roo. Looks like Uncle Sherlock is having a bad day." The toddler pulled an exaggerated sad face before blowing Sherlock lots of chubby fisted and clumsy kisses, Sherlock smiled softly and blew one back. She pretend to catch it and put it in an imaginary pocket. "One second mate, I'll just put her down and I'll be back."