Chapter 13

Recap: ''So boys, what are you up to for the summer?'' Mrs. Malfoy asked as she looked at Abraxas and then at me.

Y/N's pov:

The summer was now over and it was time to go to Hogwarts, I met up with Rachel a few times over the break, I just finished packing the trunk, ''Are you sure you have everything?'' Madam asked as she stood in the doorway with a cup of hot tea in her hands, ''Yes.'' I said as I put my hands on my hips and looked at the trunk, ''Good, the train leaves at twelve o'clock, you have around forty minutes.'' She said as she looked at her wrist watch, ''Okay, I should start getting ready.'' I said loudly, more for myself rather than madam, she hummed in response and left.

I went over to my armchair where I've laid out my outfit the day before, it was a black skirt with a black bouse and a black coat.

I put the clothes on and checked myself in the mirror, I looked really good, I put my wand in a secret pocket in the coat and looked at my wrist watch, I have about 30 minutes before departure, I went to the fire place and looked around for the last time.

Huffing I thew the floo powder in the fire place and with the trunk in my hands I walked in to the green flames.

Once I was in England, I quickly went to the King's cross to find the 9 ¾! platform. When I walked between the platform 9 and 10 a bit confused, until I saw a boy a bit younger than me go through a wall between the platforms, and it made more sense, I went through the wall and looked at the platform number, 9 ¾! Perfect. I put my trunk in the luggage compartment and got in the train, I went through the compartments in hopes I'd see Rachel or my brother, but while walking I saw Riddle coming out of one of the compartments.

I stopped walking as we finally met face to face, ''Y/L/N.'' he said with the most monotone face I've ever seen, ''Riddle.'' I replied and turned to my side and continued walking without uttering another word, when I saw an empty compartment, I quickly walked in and sat down on the seats, the train started moving and I looked out the window.

I was startled a bit when I heard a knock on the compartment's door, I was a girl, younger than me, with thick brown hair, with the ugliest bangs I've ever seen and round glasses, she opened the door, ''May I sit with you? All of the other compartments are full.'' She said in an oddly hight pitched voice, I flashed a smile and nodded, ''Of course, come in.'' I replied, she smiled and sat down in the seat in front of me, ''You must be new, my name is Myrtle Warren, I'm in third year.'' She said as she extended her hand for me to shake, I nodded, ''I moved here from France, I'm Y/N Y/L/N, sixth year.'' I replied and gently shook her hand, ''Oh, I hope we can be friends.'' She said as she looked at our hands, ''Sure.'' I replied still smiling, ''So, tell me, who should I avoid in the school?'' I asked as smiled cheeky at her, she smiled and looked down, ''Abraxas Malfoy and Lestrange, they are mean everyone except the Slytherin house.'' She answered my question, ''Do they bully you?'' I asked as I made a concerned face, ''Yeah, just because I am a muggle-born.'' She said as wiped a tear from the corner of her eye, I nodded and our conversation ended there.

I looked at my wrist watch, 15 minutes until we are arriving at Hogwarts and Myrtle stood up, ''I'll go change in my robes.'' She said and left the compartment, I smiled and nodded.

After a while she came back dressed in Ravenclaw dress robes, ''The blue colour suits you.'' I said as I looked at her, ''Oh, you think to? Thanks.'' She replied as she looked at her attire.

The train finally stopped and all of the students left through the open doors, I saw Rachel in the swarm if people, I pushed through the people until I met her face to face, we hugged and went to the carriages, with Thestrals in front of them. Once we made it to the actual castle, I was told to go to the headmaster Dippet's office, by one of the other professors, I think he's name was Dumbledore, or something like that.

The school was really big, once I found his office, I whispered the password and spiral stairs appeared, I finally was in his office and I looked around, a lot of was in this oddly designed room, ''You must be Miss Y/L/N, it's a pleasure to have you in our school.'' A man said behind me, I smiled and nodded, ''The pleasure is all mine, Headmaster.'' I replied my words dripping in politeness, ''Yes, the feast is about to start, where we will find out which house do you fit in the best.'' He spoke. ''You will be the last one called out for.'' He continued and I nodded, he told me a bit more things about the school and the houses while we walked around the empty halls of the school, until we stopped by huge wooden doors, ''This is the great hall, when you hear your name just come in and you will be sorted.'' He said and left me alone in the hallway, I sat down on a stool next to the door and looked around the stone walls, there were some paintings hanged by the wall in front of me, all of the portraits looked at me with curious looks, I looked right back at them with a light smirk playing of my lips.

Once in a while cheers and applause erupted in the room behind the wooden doors. Suddenly I heard my name behind the walls, I stood up and slowly walked to the door, exhaling I pushed the door open and confidently walked in.