Chapter 8

It's been a year since that night, and I remember it as yesterday: the next morning I had a visitor, just like I predicted, it was Madam Breguet, she's a short lady, with a nice smile and a colorful wardrobe, she spoke with a thick French accent. She adopted me immediately, she signed the papers faster than flash, as I said my goodbyes to my best friend and brother, Breguet came up to me as I was hugging my crying brother, ''I know it's sad to say goodbyes but it's not forever, you will see each other again, and you can still write letters to each other.'' Madam said smiling as she put her palm on my shoulder. ''It's time to go.'' Mrs. Cole's voice boomed through the hallway, ''What is the rush?'' Madam asked her, Cole just rolled her eyes and left. ''We have to go.'' Madan whispered in my ear. ''Alright, I'm ready.'' I said as I straightened my back and took my suitcase in my hand. The main door opened and we left the building.

As the metal gated started opening, I looked back, my eyes found Riddle, who was looking at me though his room's window. He smirked and waved at me, ''Do you know the boy?'' Madam asked as she put her hand on my shoulder. ''No.'' I said turning around. ''Our taxi is here.'' She said as she motioned to a black taxi on the side of the road. ''I can't believe this is happening to me.'' I said to myself. ''I'll tell you everything I know about your parents, to make more sense.'' Madam said as she smiled at me, ''Thank you, for being so nice to me.'' I said as I hugged her, ''It's my pleasure, I always wanted children.'' She said hugging me back, ''Alright, let's go.'' I said as I put the suitcase in the trunk of the taxi. ''Where to ladies?'' the driver asked us. ''King's cross station.'' Madam said cheekily. And the man started driving. The whole way there I held Madam's hand, ''Alright, this is where we part, it will be 5 pounds please.'' The driver said, ''Of course. Thank you.'' Madam said giving the money to the man. ''Have a great day.'' He said smiling as we got out of the car. I closed the door behind me as the driver took out my suitcase and handed it to me, I smiled as I thanked him and we parted our ways, ''Come this way.'' Madam said as she pulled my hand in to a weird looking pub, ''This way.'' She excitedly said as she pulled me in to some kind of groom closet. ''What now?'' I asked as I looked at her, ''Watch this.'' She said as she pulled her out wand, and turned it to the wall, with one flick the bricks on the wall started moving, and making a way for the both of us to go through. ''Wow.'' I said awe, ''I know, magic is so amazing.'' Madam said excitedly as we went through the wall, ''This is called the Diagon alley, I have never been here but I know where to go.'' Madam said smiling, ''I trust you.'' I said smiling.

We went through swarms of people, until we made it to more of a remoted and quieter area, we stopped in front of a shop. ''Borgin and Burkes.'' I read out loud. ''I know it looks a little scary. But this is the place where I apparated to so this will have to work.'' Madam said looking at the shop. ''Okay.'' I said as I opened the shop's door and the entrance door's bell rang through the whole shop. ''Jesus.'' I whispered to myself as I looked around. ''Go on, to the fire place.'' She said in a hushed tone, I did as she said and went to the fire place, ''Now put out your hand.'' She instructed me, I did as she said, ''You have to throw this powder in to the fire place, say Madam Breguet's residence in Paris and walk through the flames, alright?'' she said as she put a bit of magical powder in my hand, I threw it in the fire please and large green flame erupted. '' Madam Breguet's residence in Paris.'' I said as I walked through the flame. A second later I was on the floor of a really nice living room, I got up and looked through the window and saw the Eiffel tower and I smiled, a minute later I heard Madam coming out of the fire place. ''Come child, let's take off our coats and I'll show you your new room, and then we'll have some tea, yes?'' she said as she took off her hat, I smiled and nodded my head. I took off my coat and hanged it on a clothing hanger, I looked around and saw a small kitchen at the corner of the room, the fire place and a sofa in the other corner, a door next to the entrance, I'm assuming it's the bathroom, and next to the bathroom door, a hallway to two bedrooms, I'm assuming, as I was thinking, Madam got in front of me and took my hand in hers. ''Come I will show you your bedroom.'' She said smiling. I looked around the hallway as she showed me the way to my new room.

The door squeaked open only to reveal, a room with a small window a queen-sized metal bed, a dresser and a writing table and a matching chair, I looked around the room as I walked in, ''I know it's not much, but I hope it is enough.'' She said smiling, ''It's amazing, I love it.'' I said as I ran to her and hugged her smiling. ''I'm glad you like it, do you want some tea?'' she asked as she walked in to the kitchen, ''Only if you're having some.'' I said back. She smiled.

From that day on, everything was going amazing, I sent a letter to Rachel saying that I made it to the destination, she wrote back saying that she and Francis are missing me dearly. After a few weeks in to the summer a girl around 16 years of age, helped me with all the equipment I needed for school, she was very sweet and polite, she also told me a bit about Beauxbatons. The day was very well spent, I also got a wand, it's a Hawthorn wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12 ½'' and unyielding flexibility.

Last week I sent an owl to Rachel, telling her a happy birthday with a box of cake for her, she sent a thank you letter back, in school I've been at the top of every class, I have also made a few friends, the uniforms here are tiring and hard to iron, even if it is my first year here, I feel like I belong somewhere.

(1164 Words)

A/N: Thank you for reading.