Chapter 20

Y/N pov:

I opened my eyes to the terrible sound of my alarm. My sleep, what felt like a moment of bliss was gone, though I do feel less tired, never felt tired like I felt yesterday, this had never happened before, I'll definitely look in to this weird combination of symptoms I'm having.

I slid out of my bed sheets, the room was cold, I looked through the windows that were facing the lake, a fog over it, so you'd barely notice the water, though the mountain tops showed a bit through the fog gave it a very pleasant view.

I put on my uniform and did my hair, before spraying my perfume and putting all of my today's classes in my satchel. 'Can't forget my potion's book today' I thought, today I have three potions, all in one sitting. Bitter feelings took over me as I thought about Tom sitting next to me in the class, thinking of him gave me dizziness so I stopped thinking of him.

I put on my black tights and different shoes, still black, shiny ones on a heel that's about an inch with a strap. I placed my satchel over my shoulder with a swing and left my room to go to the Great Hall.

''Morning.'' I said as I set myself down at the Slytherin table, ''Good morning.'' Replied Dolohov watching my every move, Lestrange and Malfoy also hummed something between the words of ''good'' and ''morning'', probably because of the large amount of food in their mouths.

''Morning.'' Said Pen oddly shy, red eyes, red cheeks and messy hair. I sat down and rubbed her back a bit, of course last night didn't go according to plan for her. Riddle wasn't at the table, weird, he's always present when I stroll in here, doesn't matter anyway.

I poured myself some tea and placed a toast on the plate in front of me, the toast was too burnt for my fondness, I still ate it.

I was done with my breakfast so Penelope and I made our way to potions, ''Was it that bad?'' I asked as soon as we made it to a more isolated place of the castle.

''It was, it was really bad.'' A pause, ''He didn't even react, asked 'Is that all?' I said no and left.'' She explained, shiny eyes, ''Aww, I'm so sorry, I'm sure there's a guy out there who would love to have you by his side, Pen.'' I said as I rubbed her back, my eyebrows furrowed as I saw people in a distance, 'Please stop crying' I thought, she wiped her tears away and none was shed after, all was left - a sad look and hurried breathing.

The bell rang and the both of us went into the classroom, predictable, Riddle was already there, in his assigned seat, I went up to him and sat down in my seat.

''Morning.'' I said as I took out my notes and the book I didn't forget today, ''Morning Y/L/N.'' His voice I thought would be like a bang in my head like the day before, wasn't there today, I shrugged it off, just a coincidence.

''Alright, settle down!'' Slughorn yelled, ''Today, we will be making Amortentia, you'll work in pairs, now open your books, page 222, the recipe is right there, get your ingredients and get to work.'' He said and clapped his hands. ''Stay here, I'll get everything.'' Riddle said. Is he alright? Doesn't matter, I don't even know where everything is.

He came back with all of the things, and sat down. ''I'll prepare everything and you'll stir because you'll mess something up.'' He said like I should feel bad about something. I nodded, ''Sure, I don't mind.'' I replied as I took the book in my hand opened the page 222, what a nice number.

Riddle started making the potion, ''Stir it three times to your right.'' He said as he looked at the potion. I took the glass spoon in my hand and put it in the cauldron and stirred three time just like Tom said. I changed colours from green to sparkly white, a quite pretty colour, then Tom added pearl-dust, ''Stir twelve times to the left now.'' He said and looked at me. I did just that and it changed from white to pink and a pale steam started coming out.

''Perfect. Mr Riddle and Miss Y/L/N are the first ones to complete the potion.'' Slughorn said and came up to our table, ''You make a great team, I'll keep that in mind.'' He said to the both of us and winked.

The pale steam was coming my way and the strong smell of vanilla, book pages and Smokey-musk hit me in the face like a punch. Riddle looked at me as the steam went to his side, his pupils dilated. He quickly looked away from me, something was not right, Tom started looking though the book like a maniac, as if trying to find something. I dismissed it.

First potions were over and Slughorn gave us a small break, Tom picked up his things and left.

''Are you alright?'' a voice asked behind me, I jumped and turned around, ''Rachel, you frightened me. Don't do that to me.'' I said with my hand on my heart, she smiled, ''Sorry.'' She answered and sat down in Tom's seat, ''So, who did you smell?'' she asked as if getting ready for drama, ''Oh you know, vanilla, books and smokey-musk.'' I said as I closed my note-book, Rachel's face drained, ''Who did you smell?'' I asked back and looked at her, ''My boyfriend, Potter, Fleamont Potter.'' She said with a blush, I smiled. ''Do you have any idea of who you smelled, Y/N?'' Rachel asked a bit concerned.

''No'' I shrugged, ''Do you know what I smelled?'' ''As far as I know Riddle is the only guy who reads.'' ''Oh.'' No way that this is true, no way.

''I have to go.'' I said and started packing my things, ''Yeah.'' Rachel replied and stood up, ''I'll tell Slughorn that you're not feeling well.'' She said and left. ''Thanks.'' I said and hurriedly left the room.

A/N: Tell me Your toughts, hope You're enjoying :)