Chapter 5

Recap: As we continued talking, I felt someone staring at me. And I knew exactly who it was.

Why is he staring at me, and he's not even hiding it?! Ugh! Maybe he just wants to talk. ''Rachel, I'll be right back. I have to go to the bathroom.'' I whispered to my best friend as I started getting up, she just nodded her head and mouthed an 'okay'.

As I was about to leave, I look at Tom and I turned my head to the side, motioning for him to follow me outside.

As I left the library, I started walking to a broom closet close by. As I almost made it to the destination, I look back and I see that Tom is following me. 'I guess he really wants to talk' I think to myself.

I open the broom closets door and go in, closing the door behind me. And I waited there for exactly fifteen seconds (I counted) until Tom opened the closets door, he came in and closed the door himself.

''Have you thought about my proposal yet?'' he asked in a calm voice. '''There is nothing to think about.'' I said quietly. ''Oh really, I think we'd make good friends, don't you think Y/N?'' He asked smirking, ''No!'' I said as I raised my voice, getting a little more frustrated with his arrogant attitude. ''Why were you looking at me in the library?'' I asked confused, ''I just wanted to get your attention.'' Tom said smirking. ''Well, at least you're honest.'' I said shrugging.

''Great talking to you, but I have better things to do than be with you here.'' He spoke after a moment of silence. ''Yeah? Like what?'' I asked almost laughing, knowing he's lying. ''It's none of your business.'' He said offended as he opened the closet door and left, leaving me there all alone.

I've seen him here and there for the next two weeks, sharing looks, and having staring sessions Tom did from time, to time. Before I knew it, it was Rachel's birthday and then mine.

It was the day of my birthday, we celebrated Rachel's birthday a few days ago, I even sneaked in to the kitchen the night before and baked her a birthday cake, I gave it to her in the morning of her special day, after that, we somehow, got on the roof of the Wool's Orphanage and we ate the cake there. We spent the whole day together making jokes and having a great time.

I woke up to the sound of Rachel calling my name. I opened my eyes only to see her looking at me with the biggest smile on her face. ''Are you okay?'' I asked concerned. ''I'm great.'' She replied still smiling. I just raised an eyebrow, motioning for her to continue. ''I received a letter today.'' She said, ''What letter?'' I asked curious.

''It said that it's from 'Hogwarts: the school of witchcraft and wizardry.'' She continued, ''Well, what does it say?'' I started to get a little impatient, ''It says that I'm a witch and that there will be a person who will come and get me, and will help me to get ready for school.'' She finished excitedly, ''Oh, my, that's great.'' I said, being happy for my best friend. I was a little concerned that this was a lie and that Rachel was getting pranked by someone. ''So, what do you want to do on your birthday?'' She asked as she put down the letter. ''Wait, so we are just going to ignore the fact that you received a letter that said you're a witch?'' I asked confused.

''There is nothing to talk about, it's probably just someone pranking me or something.'' She responded with a little frown on her face. ''You should wait and see.'' I said as I sat next to her. ''What do you mean?'' She asked confused. ''Wait and see if somebody comes and gets you, then just ask to prove that witches and wizards are real.'' I said shrugging. ''Okay, so what do you want to do today?'' she asked nudging my shoulder. ''Can we do to the kitchen and steal some ice cream with two spoons obviously, and then we can climb to the roof through the window that is at the end of the corridor.'' I said as I got ready for the day. ''Like the window that's right next to Riddle's room?'' she asked shocked. ''Is there another window?'' I asked smirking. ''Why do you want to go there?'' She asked concerned. ''Nothing, I just have to check something.'' I said unsuspiciously. ''Just to check something?'' she asked again. ''Yes, can we go now?'' ''Sure'' she said as I opened the door for her.

''Do you like Tom?'' she asked all of a sudden, as we left the kitchen with the ice cream. ''What?'' I asked confused as I looked at her. ''Do you have feelings for Riddle?'' Rachel asked again now looking in my eyes. ''No! Why would you ask that?'' What is she thinking right now? I thought. ''Do you like him?'' I asked.

''I did, until he killed a rabbit.'' She said shrugging. ''You liked Tom Riddle?!'' I asked teasing, ''What? He is a little cute.'' She said embarrassed. ''Oh, my, God!'' I started laughing ''He's a little cute?'' now I was dying of laughter, and struggling to breathe. ''I'll never forget this, and I'll mention this for the rest of your life.'' I said, calming down now. ''Oh, please don't.'' she said, putting her hand together as if she was praying. ''I'll love torturing you.'' I said excitedly.

''Do we need anything else from our room?'' Rachel asked as we were about to go past our room. ''No, I think we can go straight, to the roof.'' I said not really paying attention to anything. She just nodded.

As we were about to turn to the window, I looked forward and saw that Tom's room's door was wide open. I looked though the door, and see that there is an envelope on the table. As I'm about to go in to the room, I hear Rachel call my name.

''Y/N, what are you doing?'' she asked me. ''Wait, I have an idea.'' I said not even looking at her. I got in to the room and saw the envelope with a red stamp, it looked exactly like the envelope Rachel received. ''Y/N, what are you doing?'' Rachel's voice boomed through the room. ''Jesus, Rachel, you scared me!'' I said as I turned around to face her with my hand over my heart, and with the letter in my other hand. ''What is that in your hand?'' she asked confused. ''Guess what...'' I said putting the letter behind my back. ''What?'' she asked a little bit annoyed. ''You're going to go to the same school as ~Riddle~! I sang his last name in a teasing tone, as I waved the letter in the air.

(1150 Words)

A/N: Hi, hope you liked this chapter. Don't forget to vote.