14 - Innocent

When the bright light that was the bifrost beam hit the grass outside the compound the group landed in disgraceful heap on the ground save for Thor, Loki and Natasha. Tony could be faintly heard muttering about lawn maintenance.

The others quickly scrambled to their feet and the mismatched squad of agents, heroes and gods made their way inside.

Only a few moments later a black car with a shield logo pulled up outside the compound.

a furious Nick Fury (hehe) emerged followed by a certain Maria hill amused by Fury's anger.

The director stormed into the compound to find Earths mightiest heroes standing in front of a holographic image of Absantine, no doubt going over the file yet again, but the part that he was intrested in was not that, it was the god of mischief standing in the corner "hello director" he greeted calmly but was met with a icy stare.

"Can someone please explain to me, why there is war criminal here?" He demanded. Fury looked around the room making eye contact with everyone in front of him his gaze finally landing on Daisy Johnson.

He rolled his eyes "why am I not surprised that your involved?" Jemma tried, and failed to suppress a giggle while her friend began to protest "hey, AC is here too, and technically he's the one who drags me into most of these situations - " she began before Coulson retaliated with his own argument "you came here voluntarily!"

"If I may interject - " "NO" "alright" the argument continued to rage while the others watched. Clint looked amused, Bruce just looked tired while Steve was angry that everyone was so calm when his best friend was dead.

The fight was abruptly interrupted by a ping on the screen followed by a yell from Tony "EVERYONE SHUT UP" they begrudgingly stopped and looked at him expectantly "I got a location".

"Alright Everyone, Suit up" Daisy grinned widely "Not you lot, get back to the bus" Fury's words caused her smile to be replaced by a frown "you're no fun".

-

Loki, Thor, Tony, Natasha, Steve, Clint and Bruce landed in Switzerland 2 hours later courtesy of one last favour from the Agents who gave them a ride in the 'bus'.

They stepped out, geared up with widow bites, shields, arrows, suits, hammers and magic all ready to face one woman.

The group of mismatched heroes made they're way towards the abandoned bunker that Tony had pinpointed the location of Absantine in.

Of course that was too easy, and far too good to be true.

As soon as they got too close alarms began to ring as agents spilled out of the bunker all dawning a a red skull with tentacles on their arms.

"Hydra" hissed Steve "it's a trap" yelled Tony threw his ear piece as they engaged in combat with the agents.

Out of the corner of her eye, a Natasha spotted someone slip inside the building. She attempted to slip past the battle that was raging in front of her and followed the figure inside.

She came to an empty hallway just in time to see the person turn the corner at the end and she began to pursue them.

"Absantine" she called out, the figure stopped and turned revealing themselves to indeed be the woman in question.

"Just let me go Natasha, and nobody else has to get hurt" she said but the resigned look on her sisters face told her that it would not work out that way.

"You know I can't do that" replied the Avenger. Absantine sighed and stood up straighter reaching for her baton "then I guess we have to do this the hard way.

Natasha pulled out her own batons "i guess we do".

The sisters lunged for each other and began a vicious brawl.

Natasha grabbed Absantine by the neck and pinned her to the ground but the other woman quickly kneed her in the stomach causing her to double over providing her opponent am opportunity to escape her grasp.

They both jumped to their feet and Absantine swiftly kicked Natasha's knees out from under her only to receive a harsh slap of a baton to the face in return.

The hit caught her off guard and Natasha used it to her advantage bouncing back to her feet and pinning Absantine to the wall "Stop this please we don't want to hurt you!" She pleaded, Absantines eyes looked hopeful for a second before her face hardened again.

She pushed Natasha away and spun around so that Natasha was now the one against the wall "they always want to hurt me" she said.

Natasha kicked her in the stomach shoving her backwards and grabbed her arm twisting it backwards so that she was trapped.

"You killed am innocent man!" She yelled.

There was silence for a moment as the words sunk in and Abby's eyes widened "innocent" she repeated in a whisper, as though the fact had only just dawned on her.

"Innocent" repeated Natasha before the other woman violently twisted around her reversing their positions "it's too late to take it back".

She kicked Natasha back, turned on her heel and ran.

Natasha let out a frustrated groan before quickly following.

-----------------

I finally finished it !
Next chapter should be out by sunday, I have exams starting tomorrow and they go on until next friday which was part of the reason the updates have been kinda all over the place lately but bear with me, this book is nearly finished!

- Madeline ♡

923 words