5 - Sister

The Avengers Stared at her in shock.

"Open the door Tasha" demanded Absantine
"I, I can't" said Natasha, her voice shaking. "Why not!" The sudden urgency in her voice made Nat jump.

"Because your dangerous" she replied.

Absantine stared at her in disbelief.
Tears began to stream down her face.
"YOU DID THIS TO ME" she slammed her hands on the glass.

"YOU DID THIS TO ME" she screamed
"abby..."
"DON'T CALL ME THAT" Natasha flinched
"DON'T CALL ME THAT MY NAME IS ABSANTINE"
tears streamed down Nat's face.

The girl slammed her hands against the glass again.

"ABSANTINE ROMANOFF"

The room fell silent.

"Romanoff...?" Repeated Steve in disbelief "Nat what is she saying"
The two Russians ignored him.

"Do you know what they did to me?"
Asked Absinthe, her voice was horse from yelling "do you know?"

Natasha hung her head shamefully as her sister continued.

"Every day they experimented on me, to try and make me faster, stronger better and every time they would send him to fight me, to see if the new 'update' as they called it had worked, everytime I failed he would beat me until I could barely walk and then they would come and take me back to the lab" she said quietly.

"He....?"
"The Winter Soldier".

There was a beat of silence before she continued.

"They told me I was always like this, that they just unlocked my abilities, my potential" she looked down at her hands.

"They called me their dark witch, said that I was the red rooms best weapon, that I could take over the world if they, if Dreykov wanted it" she looked back up at Natasha, tears in her eyes.

"I just wanted to be left alone Tasha, I just wanted to be left alone, to live a normal life in a normal house with a normal family"

The other Avengers couldn't help but sympathize with this girl while bucky looked down too ashamed to meet anyone's eye.

Her face hardened again.
"You left me behind again and again, you got out when he made sure nobody could"

"Absantine I know you hate me, I know you hate me but - " began Natasha but Abby cut her off

"You killed me when I was sixteen" she said coldly.

"Shot me point blank and walked away, and you never came back".