10."Not a very friendly move."

Julie

Julie

"You and Carrie?", I asked placing the spoon which was full of ice cream in my mouth.

"Eh,let's just say that things are complicated after yesterday's night.", Flynn's cheeks turned into a soft shade of pink.

"I wanna hear the details, spill.", I almost begged and dipped my spoon to the ice cream again.

"Not just yet, let's give it some time. Shall we?", she smiled sarcastically at me knowing that it'll piss me off.

"You want to give your partner time? You? As Flynn?", I raised my left eyebrow confused.

What has my best friend turned to?

"Oh, shut up.",she hit me with a pillow almost spilling the dessert on my bed.

"Okay okay, I'll stop."

Instead of replying she lied on my bed with her arms crossed behind her head.

She looked at me with sympathy, "and you? Are you sure about your decision with Luke?"

I sighed and let the ice cream next to my bed. Copying her moves I lied next to her.

"Not at all, but what else could I do?", she nodded slowly, "You know what's the worst thing about all this?", she shook her head letting me continue, "That I keep wishing that he wouldn't let me go that easily, even though I know we can't do anything about it."

She lifted her gaze at me and wrapped her arms around me, hugging me tightly.

"Oh, Julie, I'm so sorry. You don't deserve that.", I closed my eyes in her embrace and tried to stop thinking.

Suddenly, my phone ringed making me get away from her. I looked at it and a message from Luke popped on my screen.

"Today at 18:00 we'll go to the town's festival,I'll pick you up. Alex is basically forcing us to be there so don't try to escape it. He, also, told me to mention that his sister will be there too."

"Who is it?", Flynn asked my as her eyes moved to the screen reading the text. My heart started pounding in my chest

"Okay, see you."

"Oh, God.", Flynn whined and threw a pillow on top of her face.

(...)

At 18:00 a honk was heard from outside and I grabbed my keys, heading outside. I just wore some jeans and a plain sweater. I talked with Alex earlier and he told me that it was a pretty simple festival.

"Who is that?", my father stopped as I touched the doorknob. I had my back facing him and I was really hoping he'd just let me go.