*funny name for an unfunny chapter*

KRIS POV:

The delta-simps left the other two to their plans, as always. Kris' energy had sprung back up from the chocolate you had fed them. They groaned, rubbing their face with their hands at the thought. They weren't sure if they shivered from embarrassment of the gesture or from fear when Susie scowled at them. Ralsei looked over at them with concern as you walked on.

"You're doing great!" He winked and gave a thumbs-up.

"Aren't they a bit intimidating?" Kris asked, scratching the back of their neck and gently kicking at the grass.

Ralsei looked over at you, who was currently poking at the giant red hammer darkner. You burst into laughter at the squeaking noise it made. The darkner had gotten annoyed and squished you with their head, which did nothing more than make you laugh even harder.

"Errr... Are we looking at the same person?" Ralsei tilted his head to the side.

When they caught up to you, the darkner introduced themselves. "Well, well, I am the smith Malius. I can fix anything. Weapons, armor... I can even fix you! Well, well, what will it be?"

"Fix us?" You asked for elaboration, but Malius took it as an answer.

He snatched up Ralsei, putting him next to you before crushing him with his head. A loud squeak was heard from the hammer. Ralsei stood in shock as he was quickly put aside. Kris was next, but they didn't seem too phased. They knew what was coming, so not much of a reaction was given. After seeing Susie, not much more could phase him too much. Malius didn't seem to want to kill Kris when they glanced at you. Susie? She looked like she would if she had the chance. Susie with a hammer in her hand would be the real kicker.

Malius paused and looked at you. It simply stared for a moment, an unfocused look coming to its yellow eyes. A frown came on its face as it shook its head. "Who... How did you all get here?"

You blinked blankly in confusion before glancing at Kris and Ralsei. "We went into a closet?"

"No, no no no no. You! You weren't meant to be here!"

"Yeah, I know, uhm. We're trying to get home-"

"I can't fix whats made broken... I can't- I can't fix? I can't... Fix."

Kris' head began to ache as the player began to tug them away. They dug their heels into the ground and lowered their body, trying not to sway. A grunt of pain left them but you and Ralsei were a bit distracted. The prince patted your back, telling you that they should get a move on. Your brow was furrowed and your eyes were dazed like you were deep in thought.

If Kris wasn't intrigued by you before, they certainly were now. Everywhere but nowhere. Made broken. Not meant to be here. Who were you? It was impossible for you to have a player as well, right? It didn't suit you at all. But maybe it was something else... They would find out.

YOUR POV:

This had to be some weird prank that the whole realm decided to pull on you. You belong here! Sure, you didn't feel as cool as Kris, who led the team. Or Ralsei, who took care of everyone. Or Susie, who could hold herself up in a battle...

'Useless. What did you ever bring to the table?' Your thoughts became so loud that you could've sworn someone was whispering in your ear. It sounded like Susie, but something about her voice was off by the slightest. You couldn't pin down what was wrong, though.

You frowned, your breathing becoming a bit heavier as everything in your mind turned messy. Made to be broken. You had your problems. They were the whole reason you slept so much. It was the only way to get it to stop bothering you. But you weren't broken because of it! Everybody has issues! Maybe he was just a prick who didn't want to heal you after you bothered him.