Barney Looks Different Here

KRIS POV:

After the brief and slightly unnecessary celebration, they went onward. A yellow triangle-shaped man with a white top hat and a wonderful mustache stood in agony. A low table with a smashed cake was behind him as he sobbed.

"Mama miba! I'm Topchef! My latest cake worked me to exhaustion!"

Kris blinked blankly, unsure of why he was even speaking to the group when they were just trying to pass by.

"So I took a little nap but mama miba! A scary noise woke me up! A beast was hunched on the table eating the cake like an animal! I spritzed it with water and it hissed and ran off! But my wonderful cake is..." The man trailed off, putting the back of his hand to his forehead, spinning in circles, and toppling over against the table with the smoking cake.

"We should try that when we get home." You whispered to Kris as Ralsei awkwardly patted Topchef's shoulder.

They hummed in confusion and glanced at you. Kris noticed that you had a nice side profile, they never really took a look before.

"Y'know. The spray bottle thing? I think it'll be funny."

Kris thought about it. Susie would probably be kicking some kids from their own lunch tables. You would rush in with a water spray bottle and start spraying the rabid creature. They could imagine all of Susie's hair standing up straight as she crouched over a tray full of food.

Kris smirked and nodded. If you were down to do it so were they, without you then Kris would never get the courage to do that to her.

"Guys, sounds like Susie! We must be heading the right way!" Ralsei was now waving the smoke out of the cake. All that was left was a white frosted cake with cherries on top and a large bite taken out of the top, of course. "Let's try to keep her out of any more trouble."

"You can say that again." You chime, your pity obvious for the flamboyant, weeping chef.

Their mother would have a heart attack if Kris managed to somehow light a cake on fire.

Kris took a piece of cake and it went to their key items. Yeah, they would prefer to not put cake in their pockets. They would put cake in other people's pockets, just not their own.

In the next area, a teal heart shaped darkner along with the familiar Ruddin. Like the amazing team you three were, it was easy to get through the swift attacks. The player didn't accidentally hit the fight button either. How nice of them. It unnerved them how normal the player had been so far.When you made it past the field, a blue room was next.

Kris was reading the instructions for the puzzle. They moved the hands of the clock and watched as it clicked quickly around while the dark blue platforms lit up. It seemed easy enough. Kris looked over but froze when they saw what you were doing.

You, the genius you were, had Ralsei on your shoulders trying to reach the dark candy at the top. It was... Odd. It worked nonetheless, and the two of you were able grab them. You bent down to let the prince off but unfortunately, you slept through a few gym classes, and your knees hit the ground a little too hard. Kris saw your face contort into one of discomfort as Ralsei hopped off.

The teenager huffed and muttered a soft "Thanks" to Ralsei when he handed them the candy. They watched as you dusted off your pants and walked over. Not like they could blame you, they always found a way to skip gym as well. It usually entailed having a horrid headache and sleeping in the nurses office.