chapter eight - detention

Eleonore's PoV

I went back to my common room in a mess. My friends approached me and asked whether I'm alright.

"Eleonore, are you alright? How did your cauldron explode?" Draco asked me 

"I'm fine, thanks for asking. I accidentally put the next ingredient first before the other. I need to shower now."

"Your face is so red Eleonore. Are you sure you're okay?" Daphne asked me. 

"Yes, Professor Snape gave me this for me to drink after I shower. He said it will go away" I showed them the potion

"I really think he cares about you Eleonore. My sister said he's never been so caring to any students before, he'd only tell students to go to the hospital wing" Crabbe stated

"I guess? He's been kind towards me. Anyways, I need to shower now. I also have detention with Neville at 8"

"Sorry about that. I'm sure it sucks to be with Longbottom" Pansy said

"No, it was me who was wrong." I told them while making my way to the girls dormitory.

I showered and drank the potion. The potion tasted horrible but it worked, the itchiness soon went away. Afterwards, I went to the great hall for dinner with my friends. I was actually starving so I took more food to my plate. My friends saw me and smiled that I ate more. 

Time just goes by fast if you're having fun. It's already 7:40 so I decided that I should go to the Gryffindor's table so Neville and I can go together to detention but he was nowhere to be seen so I went to Harry asking where he is.

"Harry, where is Neville?" I asked my brother

"He's in the common room. He's been pacing back and forth scared for detention" Hermione replied. 

"May I come to your common room? I really wanna see yours and I can go together with Neville to detention." 

"Okay" Harry said

"Harry! she's a Slytherin. You're a Slytherin. There has been no Slytherins that's not bad. How are you allowing that?" Ron commented.

"Ron! My brother is in Gryffindor and you have a friend in Slytherin, if you consider me as one but I guess not based on what you just said. Can you please stop assuming all Slytherins are bad? Have I treated you terribly? No. I have been nice towards you because I consider you as my friend. Even if you're not, I don't have a reason not to treat you badly. I've never treat anyone badly in any way in my life. You can be very stubborn sometimes." I scolded him.

Harry looked at me in shock. I would usually stay quiet but this time, I fight back. Ron as a stubborn person only look as if he did nothing wrong. I was furious that he thinks of me badly since I'm a Slytherin. Most Slytherins are known to be bad but not everyone are. I didn't realize that my eyes became watery and tears dropped. Hermione stood up to soothe me and Harry gave a stare to Ron. My mood dropped and really wanna leave now. My mouth will refuse to talk to him until he apologizes.

"Ron! you better apologize to my sister. How could you say something like that? You're very harsh with your words." Harry exclaimed

"He's right Ron. What you said was very offensive." Hermione told Ron.

"There's no need to make him apologize to me, Harry. I'm an enemy to someone here. He can only do so if he means it. I'll just visit your common room next time if ever." I told Harry

I wiped my tears and walked away. I was really hurt like being pinched. I've calmed down but my tears wouldn't stop. 10 minutes wasted there and 10 minutes to detention. It's better to go there now and wait and I hope Neville's there on time.

Severus PoV

These answers are unbearable. How could these 5th years answer terribly. They have O.W.Ls examination at the end of the year and this is not the kind of answers examiner wants to see. I suddenly heard a knock at my door while grading 5th years assignments.

"Enter"

I saw Eleonore entering and she looks like she just cried. She sat at the chair beside the door. Detention is not in another 6 minutes so I told her to come and sit across my table.

"Eleonore, please come and sit here."

She made her way to her seat while wiping tears that fell from her eyes. I didn't know what to do. I'm usually pleased to see kids cry and I'm the one who makes them cry but I believe in what I hope I can do. She sat down and look down and her hair cover her face.

"Would you like to share why you're crying?" I asked her in a gentle tone

"Umm- I-umm I... tripped over and hurt myself. It was -umm painful but it's fine now"

"Can you show me where you're hurt?"

She answered me nervously and when I asked her to show me where she hurt herself, her faced turned red and she looks more nervous. She couldn't show where she's hurt so I stood up making my way to her and sit beside her.

"Where are you hurt Eleonore?"

"It doesn't hurt anymore sir" she faked smile and showed me her hand that's perfectly fine as a prove she's fine.

"Eleonore, please don't lie to me. You're not physically hurt but someone hurt you. Am i right?"

Eleonore's PoV

How did he know? This man is hard to be fooled. He noticed i had less sleep and now he's again correct that someone hurt me. I gulped and answered him.

"Yes Professor"

"Who hurt you?"

He asked me, I really wanna say but what if Ron's in trouble? I don't want him to be in trouble because of me. I still consider him as my friend even though what he said was rather hurtful. I stayed quiet and look down to my hands that fidgeting. We stayed silent until he spoke again.

"Eleonore, I know you're scared if the person who hurt you might be in trouble but please prioritize yourself as well. I've never seen you cry and seeing you cry makes me glad you're not hiding your pain but hurt me seeing you're hurt"

"Ron Weasley. He implied that I'm a bad person just because I'm a Slytherin."

"I believe most Slytherins are viewed that way by other houses. He's wrong but I know you don't want him in trouble so I won't make him in trouble. Try thinking in a different perspective. They think of us badly because they're jealous because Slytherin holds on the greatest wizards and witches. We've also won the house cup 9 years in a row." He told me and smiled

I guess he's right. I didn't think of it that way and maybe they're just jealous of us. I'm so thankful that he comforted me and made me share my problem. He stood up after I genuinely smiled at him.

"Professor, thankyou" I hugged and thanked him

Severus PoV

She hugged my torso and thanked me. I smiled and my heart melt that she's hugging me. I however will find more ways to deduct Gryffindor house points and make Ron into detention with any foolish mistake he'll do in class as a reason.

"No worries" I tapped her head and she released herself from me.

"I'll cancel today's detention. You can go back to your common room and rest. Longbottom is not here yet. You came in 6 minutes earlier and it has been 20 minutes since you came so he's 14 minutes late."

Just then, there's a knock. I flick my wand open to see Longbottom so I approached to him and Eleonore followed me behind.

"Mr Longbottom, you're late. I'm aware I made myself clear that detention is at 8 o clock sharp"

"S-s-sorry Professor" He apologized

"Today's detention is cancelled. However, you're still late regardless so 20 points will taken from Gryffindor..... Now leave"

He gulped and walked away. I look at Eleonore and give her a small smile then she made her way out to her common room.