chapter fifteen - ill on birthday

Eleonore's PoV

Harry has never written a single letter back to me. He was the one to tell me to owl him but yet not a single letter from him. This would be the first time in my life we're not together in our birthday and our birthday is tomorrow.

I would read in the living room every day with my father in the living room and asked him if Oliver might have dropped the letter on his way here.

"Dad, do you think Oliver might have accidentally lost the letter on his way here?" I asked him

"No sweetie. I doubt he lost all Harry's letter on the way back here. Oliver has sent letter to your friends and returned back with letters. You made him owl your letter to your brother everyday for a month but no letters back from him. You also borrowed my owl to owl him letters but no letters back."

I sighed in disappointment

"I'm sorry sweetheart. Don't be too sad. Your birthday is tomorrow, cheer up" He tried to cheer me

"But that's also why I'm sad. No news from him at all. Tomorrow is also his birthday" I let down a tear

He carried me to his lap and I lied my head on his chest. He rubbed my back and soothed me. I fell asleep in his arms and I could feel being carried to my room.

Severus PoV

Today's Eleonore's birthday. Her first birthday spent with me. It's 7 in the morning and she's still asleep which gave me more time to cook her breakfast and make cake.

After done, I went to wake her up but I saw her thrashing so I gently shook her but her body temperature felt so hot. I touched her forehead and it's really hot. She's having a high fever. I went down stairs to grab a towel and a plastic basin for water to dump the towel in.

"Eleonore, wakeup please"

"Dad? I don't feel good and it's so cold"

"I know sweetheart. I'll bring you another blanket but I'll have to compress you first"

I went to my room to get more blankets but I noticed my room was warmer than her room so I decided to bring her to my room.

"Dad It's cold here" She said to me as I entered her room

"Let's go to my room. It's warmer there and I'll put more blankets on top", I told her

She nodded and I carried her to my room and gently put her on my bed. I went to my cupboard and get two more blankets and placed it over her.

"I'm ill on my birthday" she said to me

"It's all okay, You have to get better soon" I hold her hand

She fell asleep soon after. I kept on dabbing wet towel on her forehead while she's asleep and luckily, her temperature dropped. It's about lunch time so I woke her up to eat something. In her condition I made chicken soup.

"Sweetie, it's lunch time now. Please wakeup and eat" I gently woke her

"I'm not hungry. I just want to sleep"

"No, you must eat"

"But I can't."

I made her to sit up. I went sat on the bed and started to feed her. It was very slow and she'd refuse another spoon but I kept on feeding her until the whole bowl finished.

"You can sleep now. You finished your food" I told her

"No, I'm better now. Still dizzy but I wanna be awake"

"Alright. Do you want to do anything?"

"I wanna read the book I last left last night"

"Before that, here's your birthday gift. Happy birthday sweetie"