Hospital Chronicles: Chapter 16

Hi🙂🖕🏼 how are you?
————————————————

*Zaidee's POV*

"Alright, thank you." I said hanging up the phone. "They said she's in critical condition." I informed my father.

"I need to go back, I can't be here." I abruptly stood up making Leo jump off of me. "Z you need to rest." He tried to reason with me.

"I can't, I physically can't. My body won't let me. I can't sleep, dad. Every time I close my eyes I see her, bleeding, limp, on the floor...I have to go." I spoke as I walked around the house grabbing my things to leave.

"Alright, pero calm down. I'm not letting you drive while you're like this, don't need more hospitalizations." He kissed my head and went upstairs to change.

"C'mere Leo." I squatted and tapped my thigh to call her attention. She galloped over to me and sat right in front of me.

"I'm sorry I have to leave again." I pet her, she whimpered at my words. "I know, but will you be a good girl for me. I promise we'll spend so much time together once Billie is ok." I kissed her head, she reciprocated the gesture by licking my cheek making me chuckle.

"Alright let's go." Dad said running down the stairs, almost falling. "I love you Leo." I kissed her one more time before standing up and heading towards the door.

She followed us all the way there before barking a couple times. "Bye bye." Dad said as he closed and locked the door behind him.

Wow, look at that he's finally driving. Shocker. We finally arrived at the hospital and reunited with Billie's family. They were in a secret room. The last thing we need right now is crazy people finding us.

We greeted each of them with a hug. Maggie and I hugged the longest, as she cried in my arms. I know words of affirmation wouldn't work in this specific moment so I let her be. After a couple minutes she stopped and we pulled away.

She gave me a weak smile, which I returned. We sat down in comfortable silence as we waited for any news on my girlfriend. Finneas sat next to me and rested his head on my shoulder, his long ginger hair hitting my face.

"You're an asshole." I mumbled, making him chuckle. Swiping his hair off my face, I rested my head on top of his. I looked at the hands on the clock move. It seemed like it was slowing down.

My eyes were giving out on me. Soon I fell asleep hearing Finneas' not so light snores; a small smile etched on my face because it's a little funny. Just a little.

-

"Zaidee wake up." Finneas shook my shoulders. "What, I'm up." I groaned opening my eyes and sitting up. "Let's go see Billie. She just got out of surgery." He urged.

I stood up, almost falling over because of how long I was sitting down. "Woah." Finneas held me up. "When was the last time you ate?" Fin asked. "I don't remember." I said, walking out of the room and walking down the hall to see the love of my life.

He didn't say anything else, choosing to shut up and follow me. He knows I'm not in the mood. He knows he's not in the mood either. I bet if I asked him the same question he would give me the same answer.

Once we were outside I braced myself. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door. There she was asleep. The heart monitor being the only sound in the room.

We walked in, Fin sat on her left and I sat on her right. "Hola mi amor." I kissed her forehead. Her arms wrapped up. Her breathing is slower than usual.

Finneas and I talked to Billie about anything and everything. We cried. We laughed. We reminisced. We also hoped that she wakes up soon and that she's ok.

As Finneas was talking about a memory from when they were younger, Billie's hand twitched a little. "You saw that right?" I asked him. "Yeah." He sighed. We didn't think anything of it, it might just be her nervous system or some shit causing that.

We stayed in silence. The only sound in the room coming from the heart monitor with little beeps coming from it. Until the little beeps became one...long...beep.

I immediately called the doctors and nurses. They obviously kicked us out of the room. Tears streamed down my face. My breathing became irregular. Fuck.

Deep breathes. Deep breathes. She's gonna be ok. Her heart just stopped beating, but she's gonna be ok. She'll be fine.

No she won't. FUCK. I slid down against the wall and clutched my knees to my chest. "Holy- oh no." Dad saw me on the floor. "C'mon bro." He carried me into the secret room.

I couldn't protest, I can't even speak. Sobs escaped my mouth as the only thought going through my head was that my girlfriend isn't breathing at the moment.

Dad sat me down on a chair and went over some breathing exercises. Twenty minutes later the panic attack subsided and I cried silently in my fathers arms.

The doctor walked in 3 hours later, an evident sad look on his face. No. She's not. She can't. It's Billie for fucks sake. She's so young. She hasn't even released her second album.

She was so excited. The doctors words sounded muffled to me. "I'm sorry to inform you but Billie's..."

-

"Zaidee wake the fuck up." Finneas shook me awake. Jesus christ- I cupped my head with my hands because it was pounding.

"She's awake." He smiled. "She asked for you." Grabbing my hand he lead me to the room she's in. When I tell you I sighed so hard from relief.

He opened the door and pushed me in, closing the door and leaving us alone. "Oh my god, baby" I quickly walked over to her with a smile on my face. Cupping her cheeks I kissed her softly.

"Hey." She spoke, her voice was raspy and quiet. "Hi." I whispered, sitting down. I held her hand and stroked some hair out of her face.

The lights started flickering. "That's weird." I muttered. "It is." Billie looked at the lights. They stopped. "You look like you've seen a ghost, are you ok?" She squeezed my hand a little, she doesn't have much strength at the moment.

I nodded. "I'm glad you're ok, angel." I kissed her cheek. "I'm sorry." Billie apologized quietly. "Amor it's ok, I'm glad you're safe. I'm glad you're still with me." I held her face and forced her to make eye contact so she understands me better.

"You don't need to apologize for anything. You don't owe anyone and apology." I said lowly. "This is a sexual position." She commented.

I looked down. She's right. I'm straddling her lap. "Really? I'm over here trying to make you understand something and sex is all you think about?" I chuckled.

"I'm always thinking about sex." She whispered looking at my lips. "I know that." My eyes scanned her face, taking in her beauty.

"So-." "No I'm not fucking you in the hospital." I cut her off. "Not even because I almost died?" She pouted.

I looked at her with a blank face. "Too soon?" She asked sheepishly. "Definitely, give me a couple weeks then you can make all the jokes." I pecked her lips

"That's a long time." She rolled her eyes. "You'll live." I rolled my eyes back at her, mockingly. She smirked. "What? Why are you- ohh." I caught on. She giggled.

"You know what I meant." I grumbled. "Yeah, you meant that I'll live." She teased. Before she could keep talking I went in for another kiss.

———————————————
Pls tell me I at least scared you a little bit and you thought she died for a second
Also what do ya think abt the lights flickering🧍🏻‍♀️I wanna knowsssss

Pero yea that's that, she's ok for now😔

Thank you for reading
I love youuuuu so much!!

*forehead kiss* 😚

1361 words